What Do You Do for Your Tweens/teens for Easter After the Easter Bunny

Now that my 11 year old (girl) just figured it out there isn't an easter bunny, and my other child is a 15 year old (boy), I am wondering what other moms do to keep the day fun? Do you still do the baskets?

Thanks for all the great ideas! I really like the scavenger hunt and will definately do something to keep tradition alive :)

We do baskets and hide eggs.
Easter is not extravagant, maybe a video game, a book and a t shirt.
When everyone gets together at mom's she always has this egg game.

collect full eggshells by blowing them, you'll need quite a few dozen, depending on how many people
make one end's' hole a lot bigger than the other, about a thumbnail's width
wash eggs
fill with confetti and tape over larger hole
THen have the "Smash"
Everyone, adults included gets one egg to start, the others are in a basket
Now everyone runs around the yard and smashes eggs with confetti onto the others.
It takes a lot of eggs, mom buys bags of confetti from MIcheal's, or you can collect the tiny paper circles for paper hole punches.

we still do baskets! :) did up until ...well...until the next generation came along actually lol. we made the easter egg hunt at grandma's house harder, and the adults got into it too, some eggs had money instead of candy....we always do SOMEthing, regardless of how old the "kids" are. still fun!!

My mom did. My own kids are 10 and 3, and the older one doesn't believe any more.
My mom did stuff that we liked or needed. Candy, hairbrushes, clips, earings, gift cards, etc.
They get expensive don't they??

I still gave mine a basket with some useful goodies in it. It turned into grooming products or a vid game along with some of their favorite candy bars, a new bible or other Christian based book, etc...

One thing that we've done is a scavanger hunt for our kids. I remember when our kids were 15, 17, and 19 - I did clues all over our area - even at the coffee shop they all like (made arrangements ahead of time and left an egg there with enough money for the older 2 to buy a coffee). Also left one at "water and ice" so the younger could get a drink she liked. I taped clues to "for sale" sign in the neighborhood, under the hood of the car, etc. The final clue was in an egg in the skimmer of a neighbor's pool. The kids were gone on the scavanger hunt about 1 1/2 hours and came home with the final clue to find their Easter baskets in the house. They said, "you did this so we'd spend more time together, didn't you?" Actually, that was not my primary objective, but became the great blessing of the entire activity. They had fun spending time together trying to figure out where the next clue was. It's a great memory!

We do baskets and hide eggs.

wash eggs
THen have the "Smash"

I'm 28 and still get a basket! It's not about the gifts but the tradition! Something my mom always does is include something for the beach, since it's usually the turn of the season; a bathing suit, flip flops, etc.. I make baskets for my husband and 15 month old also keeping up the bathing suit tradition. We do very little candy. I like the idea of no candy at all for the little ones!

My daughter, now 16, and I have always made Easter candy together. We give candy to our friends and family and I even have some family beg me to mail them some because it's so yummy! It is a tradition we treasure.

As for Easter Bunny, my daughter loves good chocolate so I always get a Godiva or other good quality solid milk chocolate bunny.

Last year I went to Sub-Lime chocolates and they had small chocolate baskets and a chocolate chick hatching from a white chocolate egg. THey had ducks too. SO CUTE....daughter would not eat it... it is on display in her room.LOL

They get expensive don't they??

My daughter is 21 and I do a basket and a stocking for her and her fiance. I go to the dollar store, and get a few of their favorite sweets and a few silly things. One year, I did a basket for them and their roommates, and included a small bottle of bubbles in each one. They LOVED the bubbles - spent hours blowing bubbles for the dogs and cats to chase.
My daughter really likes keeping her nails done, so sometimes I'll put a bottle of nail polish or a pack of emery boards in hers.
Her fiance loves flavored coffee, so sometimes I'll put a sample size pack of it in his.

1 / 3