What Do You Do for a High Temperature? Update!

My oldest is running a high temp of 104.3 I have called the doctor office and have done what they said and it's not coming down hardly only to 104.1. My mom is picking me up some tylenol and/or motrin for her. The doctor office said to get to sip liquids and eat popsicles, jello, ect. I am at a lost right now, any advice?

Update! Thank everyone for the great advice! She has had the temp since last Monday night. It spiked again last night to 103.5. I dont know what would me making her keep her temp. If it spikes again today I may take her but so far so good!

Thank everyone for their advice! My oldest is doing a little better. Her temp is down to 100.9. I gave her some popsicles and gave her a lukewarm bath and then somemore popsicles. I hope she gets all the way over this soon!

Try to keep her as cool as possible. When my son had a 105 temp. they stripped him down and put cold rags on the back of his neck and on his face. I know it seems cold for them, but this really help to drop the temp. Good luck!

I agree, a cool/lukewarm bath was worked the best for us. My son spiked fevers near 103 when he was teething. We gave him Tylenol & a bath. He hated the baths, but they worked. Also, showers.

Ice packs under her arms, not exactly on the skin. Cool baths. Cover her but not with overly warm blankets. If you get no relief with all of that and the motrin, I'd call the dr again until you are satisfied! Be thinking about you

if her temp spikes again take her directly to er it is not safe for a child to have a temp that high

My youngest would have febrile seizures between the ages of 18 months and 6 years old. When we were at Childrens Hospital the dr. said to give her alternating doses of childrens advil or motrin and tylenol.I think the motrin was every 8 hours and the tylenol was every 4. That was the only thing that worked on her temps. She may need to be seen. She could have strep throat or the flu. Good luck to you and I hope she feels better.

Try giving here motrin and tyleolevery four hours(alternate them. Fevers usually last 2 to 3 days but if it gets to high you can cause brain damage. If you get to scare take her to toledo hospital they have a great childrens hospital

I agree with everyone telling you to alernate motrin and tylenol. That's what my ped told me when my son had a fevor of 103. You also need to watch your child. If your daughter has a high fever, but is acting fine. I would give the medicine, strip her down, give lots of fluids and rest.If she isn't acting herself at all, take her to the ER. Use your instint.I know a trip to the ER can be expensive, but if you don't feel comfortable, its worth it. Hope everything works out!

My daughter is having the same issue. Keep up the tylenol or the meds your using. I'm also using lukewarm baths, which is making her lower and stay around the same temp. It's gone from 103.5 down to 100.2 using the baths and the medication.

Good Luck everything will turn out Ok.

Rub her back down with alcohol. another thing is have her soak in a luke warm bath.

A cooler bath and coolness to the forhead helps but a temp of 104 I would think the doctor would of wanted you to come in or go to a hospital.A 104 temp is not good from what I heard in the past and should get attention.

1 / 3