What Do You Buy at Costco ?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday ! I am so glad tomorrow is Friday ! I just got a Costco membership. I have so many friends that love it and have recommended it so when my work was doing a sign up I went ahead. What do you moms & dads buy there ? What is good deals and what tends to be less that good deals ? I don't have diapers, formula or wipes to buy. But I do have a dog and 2 growing (eating me out of house and home) boys. Thanks for any input !

Thanks so much for all the input ! I will definitely go and check it out before I buy anything in order to get an idea. I'm excited !

You have a wonderful working list of items already identified.

Costco is fabulous. They have the best workers of the big, warehouse type stores because they treat their employees well, pay them fairly, give them healthcare, and give them appropriate benefits. Their workers stay around for years and years.

Milk - it's $2.50 per gallon vs $4 at the store.

Hormel/kirkland bacon
Laundry detergent
Dishwashing Detergent
waffles
butter

I buy things I know I'm going to use so they don't go bad. I don't buy the cereal there. Even though we go through it - just not fast enough.

Hmmm.. I did not know Costco contributed to Obama. Another reason to shop there for me...

I was there this a.m. I shop there probably every 6 weeks or so.

I love their frozen broccoli - it's organic and cheap, as are the green beans.

I like to look at the per unit price. Today I noticed they had Annie's mac and cheese and the per unit price was $0.99! That's way cheaper than I can get it at the store. So, I added it to my list.

All the things that have been listed are things we buy as well.

I also like to get some garden stuff there - I bought bulbs to plant this fall - they were way cheaper than the garden center, and probably comparable to Lowes, but I think better.

The Kirkland brand products are generally great.

Oh - and I bought my camera there. I did a ton of research, did my comparison shopping at a local store, then saved well over $100 by ordering it from Costco.

Always:

Bananas
Oranges
Maple Syrup
Bacon
Steaks
Salmon
Butter
Milk
Eggs
Bread(s)
Honey
Brown Sugar
Yogurts
Frozen Berries
Veggies/Salads in the refrigerator section: berries, organic spinach, corn on the cob
Toilet paper
Paper Towels
Valerian Root
Baby Wipes
Prescription Glasses
Socks for the kids
Underwear for me
Seasonal gear like jackets, furry slippers for the house
Artichokes

I buy everything I can there. The key to savings is not buying something that will go bad before you can use it all.

So we have one of those vacuum sealers and portion the meats and freeze it. On produce I have found that sometimes it is still cheaper to buy it there even if some goes to waste. Like they have six bell peppers for what two cost at the grocery store. Usually I can use them all but if one dies I am not to fussed about it.

I am addicted to cheese, soooo much cheaper there!!!
___________________________________________________________
Oh yeah, gas, okay here is a funny thing the gas guy told me. Costco does not adjust their gas prices until the next truck comes. So whatever that truck cost is what they charge until that tank runs out. So, if prices are rising I have seen a 50 cent a gallon difference between Costco and everywhere else. Going down I have never seen them more expensive but I have seen them the same price as everywhere else.

_________________________________________________________

Oh yeah, unless I go in for one thing, which is still a 50 dollar trip, don't expect to get out of there under 100 dollars, most of ours are 300 to 400. In my defense that is all I spend in a month!

I purchase Packages of the Panties, camisoles.
My husbands pants and Jeans, his socks. We have purchase tennis shoes,

DVD's, Books, Books on CD..

Tampons, Zyrtec, Deoderant, toothpaste. I love their bath soap..
Fresh Flowers.
Our artificial Christmas tree, Prescription eye glasses, photos printed there.

A Lane recliner, Appliances, Vacuum Cleaner,

Wine, Cheese, Beer, Baked items, Custom Cakes, Salmon, Packaged foods, Their Beef is excellent..

Their fresh food that you heat up, Fresh Produce.

Coffee beans, Frozen treats, Their frozen pizzas are good cooked on the grill.

Toilet Paper, Paper Plates, Plastic cups, Ziploc bags, trash bags, Detergent, Bath soap.

Olive Oil, Spices, crackers, cereal, Pancake mixes, different mixes, Gift Cards to local restaurants Snacks, Halloween Candy.

We are looking for a TV..

I even ordered fresh flowers for an event through their mail order..

We even at one point considered a casket!!! It was for my husbands grandfather, but my MIL chickened out..

And of course we always fill up with their gasoline.

Hormel/kirkland bacon
Laundry detergent
Dishwashing Detergent
waffles
butter

Regular purchases - family of 4:

Fruit (strawberries, Rasberries)
Frozen Bag Chicken Breasts
Frozen All Natual Chicken Nuggets - kids love them!!
Salmon
Avocados
Feta, Parmesan
Romaine Lettuce
Organic Milk
Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Dish Washer Detergent
TP
Lysol Wipes
olive oil
rice
bakery items - breads, cakes
pumpkin pie - best!!
And of course the $4.99 rotisserie chickens

There is SO much there that you can buy. And if you have two boys it's a great place to shop. They have almost anything you can think of there. We get a lot of their frozen stuff. They have great produce. We get their brand of gateraide. When you go just expect to be there for at least an hour if not more. Because of where you live I am assuming you will go to the one in Arlington off of Matlock and 20. I have only been in that one two or three times. I usually go to the one in Duncanville. But they should have people giving out samples. If you have a cell phone (which most do) they usually have better deals on upgrades for most brands than anywhere else including online. They give you back the fee for upgrading that your provider charges and give you all kinds of extras with them that no where else will.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!

1 / 3