What Do I Wash My Baby's Clothes In?

Some people say they use a regular detergent but some use a speacial one.. I was just wondering cause I don't want to bring clothes to the hospital for my little girl to go home in and have her skin get irritated. any advice would help. thanks!

I use dye/fragrance free detergent and no dryer sheets for all the clothes in the house. They don't smell fantastic like other laundry, more like nothing, but no one itches. So there's that.

Baking soda. Cheap AND so much healthier. So many of my friend's kids had reactions to Dreft. Alos, I have used the same detergent (up until I swtiched to baking soda and sometimes adding distilled vinegar) for 30 years and 3 weeks after I bought a new box of it, we all started getting skin stuff. I was confused....and then realized they must have changed the formulation. Stick with the basics.

PS I also wash my face with baking soda - no methylparabens, parraparabens, etc and it cleans it so well. I even have brushed my teeth with it and at first it was gross, but I did this for 2 weeks and then went back to toothpaste and I almost gagged. I hadn't realized how gross regular toothpaste is!

I use All free and clear. My husband has very sensitive skin and can only use All free and clear or Tide free. With that said I was worried about dd having the same sensitivities. I asked the pedi prior to dd being born and he said to use whatever, the most important part is the rinse cycle. So I use All free and clear and do an extra rinse.

Dreft is what I used, and it worked very well for me.

Congrats on your little girl!

My favorite... All Free and Clear.

Any thing that is free of dyes and scents, many brands make one. Look for the white bottles.

I've always used Dreft for my home daycare's laundry and for my daughter's laundry. I've never had an issue with it irritating tiny skin and I've had some kids with eczema and other sensitive skin issues. It costs the same as Tide and you can buy it anywhere. Dreft's stain spray is also one of the best on the market. It gets out EVERYTHING! Good luck and congrats on becoming a mom!

Dreft or plain water & baking soda

1 / 3