What Disney Parks Are Best ????

Hi Mommies,

Okay we are taking our 3 1/2 yr old to Disney World, Orlando , FL in Sept for the 1st time for him, 2nd for me.
We are definitely going to Magic Kingdom. I mentioned to my husband about going to Sea World but he does not want to. He feels thats just like going to Miami Seaquarium which we frequent every so often .
I have not been there in 11yrs but it was before I met my husband. He was last there when he was a kid. What fun stuff is there for my little one to do in the park ?
Any other park suggestions for him ?
We are planning to stay at the Nickelodeon Resort...it looks like a lot of fun. Any of you been there that can give me feedback....like which building to get the room in , The Lagoon or Oasis.

Thanks for your help.

The Magic Kingdom has lots to offer little ones.

I was there in 2008, and there were 2 fabulous shows in Animal Kingdom (Lion King and Finding Nemo). These were great for all ages. We also found that Animal Kingdom was the best place to see the characters.

EPCOT doesn't have a lot for preschoolders. I think MGM is also geared for older kids.

Sea world is 100 times better than Miami seaquarium... Sea world has a great area called shamu world which has water play and rides for the little ones. It has much more interactive things for them to feeding sharks, stingray and the dolphins, I would def not miss this one out :-)

Any room in nick is fab, and the character dining is awesome. The pools are really good they. Have a great area for the under 5's. The only down side we found was that the children's room doesn't have a door on it, so when our little one went to bed we had to too as the tv was disturbing her!!!! Something to do with fire regulations.

Have a fab time

I love Magic Kingdom. With a 3 1/2 year old, definitely plan at least 2 days there so that you don't feel rushed to see the things you want to see. If he likes the characters, try to book a meal at one of the park's restaurants that have characters. The food is decent, but the one on one time they get with the characters is worth it. If he is scared of characters (some kids are at this age), don't do it. Wait until he's older.
If he likes animals, do the Animal Kingdom park. Lots for the little ones to do there and a smaller, more manageable park.
There is a lot more to Sea World than Seaquarium, so I do recommend it. Lots of great interactive for the kids (petting stingrays, petting/feeding dolphins, a rope maze area that you could spend the whole day at, etc.), plus rides for the adults (we would trade off watching our dd) and great shows. It blows Seaquarium away (and I love the Seaquarium).
I have not stayed at the Nickelodeon Resort, but I hear there is so much to do there, that you don't even need to leave the resort, so you may want to plan a day there.
Have fun.

Don't miss Animal Kingdom! The last time our whole family (mom, dad, sister, BIL, nephew, DH, DS, DD & I) all went to Florida was about 3 years ago. We had a few days where we all did our own thing, then a few days we spent together at various parks. The first day we all went to Magic Kingdom which was, of course magical, the next I think just kids, hubs & I went to MGM Studios (we will skip that one the next time), we all went to EPCOT which is awesome, we all went to Sea World which was neat, but not a must-see in my opinion, we all went to Animal Kingdom which was amazing & cool all at the same time, then just my family went back to Magic Kingdom. The first day & the Animal Kingdom day were by far the best.

People say you can get through every park in like 2 days, but why would you want to?? I think Magic Kingdom is worthy of 2 days as well as EPCOT and maybe even Animal Kingdom.

I've been to Typhoon Lagoon, but not since I was a kid. My husband & I went to Orlando on our own a year before we went with the kids & everyone else. When it was just the 2 of us we did EPCOT, Magic Kingdom, & Universal Studios. I know for sure the next time we go we'll hit up Universal again as the entire family is huge Harry Potter fans & now that they've got the whole Harry Potter section we're very excited for our next trip down probably in 2 years.

The only on-site resort I've ever stayed at was Shades of Green which is the military resort. When the whole family goes on vacation together we rent a huge house, 5-6 bedrooms, split the costs & that way we can have our own pool, make breakfast or even dinner whenever we want, put the kids to bed & the adults can still hang out which we couldn't do in hotel rooms.

Since Sea World is not part of Disney we made that a completely separate trip combining Sea World with Universal Studios. Since you are already going to Disney go to EPCOT, Animal Kingdom and Disney Studios (MGM). Get the book " The Unofficial Guide to Disney". There will be plenty of fun things to do with a 3 1/2 year old. Have fun!!!

I have been to Miami Seaquarium and to me, that place was a huge disappointment!! SeaWorld is 100x better!!!! Plus SeaWorld is now 2 parks, SeaWorld and Aquatica (the waterpark). We have been to Aquatica twice now and would definitely go again, the kids LOVED it (I have a 7 and 5 yr old)
For Disney, Hollywood Studios is great, there are a lot of great little kid stage shows there. Animal Kingdom is great too.
If you go to Downtown Disney, Disney Quest is a great place to go on a rainy day (it is all indoors)

Definitely Magic Kingdom! You can't do it all in a day, & could visit the different areas on different days if you got a 3- or 4-day pass. The Buzz Lightyear ride in Tomorrowland is great, Small World is always awesome, the Teacup ride, Tiki Room - but Peter Pan & Snow White can be a little scary (you know, even Winnie-the-Pooh can be). Pirates of the Carribean & Haunted Mansion are too scary (unless he's been exposed to that kind of stuff - I'm not judging - some kids are fine with it, but generally I think it's scary for the littler ones). I'm not sure if Mickey's Toon Town is still open - there was construction when we were there last, but that had a lot of nice things for a 3yo. Take the train. Ride the raft to Tom Sawyer's Island & visit the caves & the fort in back for some runaround time. If he needs to catch a nap, ride around on the Blue Line. Sea World is not park of Disney World, so it wouldn't be included. Animal Kingdom would be nice - it's easy walking & shady, has wet areas & a nice parade (I'm not as familiar with the rides, it's not our top park to go to), & Hollywood Studios if you want a shorter day (there's a lot of walking & fewer rides, but the Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground is so much fun, as is the Muppets 3-D movie and the Toy Story ride). EPCOT I think is better for a little bit older kids (that's just my personal opinion, & not much older - 5 or 6 there's a lot to do). I think you get a discount on the Disney water parks if you buy a multi-day ticket, but I'm not sure.

September will still be stuffy in Orlando (though it shouldn't be crowded) - you may consider packing a swimsuit & dry t-shirt for him so that if he gets into any of the wet areas (there are squirters around to cool you off), he won't get a chill when indoors afterwards. My kids have gotten absolutely drenched in some areas, then were chilly inside or towards evening.

I haven't stayed in the Nick resort, but a friend of mine did not like it, can't remember why. I hope you & your family have a good time!

We love Magic Kingdom. Go to mousesavers.com or allears.net and read up on all their hints. Plan ahead of time and know which rides to go on and what to skip. We like the tomorrowland transit ride, you just sit back and view the park and it's scenic. The train is fun for little ones too. Don't try to do it all or you get exhausted. We tend to just go for the morning, have lunch, leave after the 3 pm parade. Good enough for us, we go there plenty of times with a 3 or 4 day play pass every year; and don't feel we have to get our money's worth as we can visit again another time. Go back to the hotel room and swim and then see if you want to return in the evening or not. My son was never into the fireworks - if your child is tired by evening time why force it and have a miserable little one. Bring a stroller! Bring plenty of water. Bring your own little snacks too.

The character photo spots are fun - I would try to get at least one pic with the characters - don't try to get them all as you won't go on any rides and will just stand in line impatiently.

We try to get to the park by gate opening right before 9 am. Go to Dumbo ride first as it's the busiest. Then ride the carousel. Then either go to winnie the pooh or one of those rides over there or backtrack and head over to Tomorrowland and ride the speedway cars. We like Aladdin's carpet ride too - all those rides are good for your child....

Have fun!

1 / 3