What Comes After Size 7X in Boys' Jeans?

My 7 year old has just begun to get a little too big around the belly for his size 7x jeans. I've tried size 8 and of course, when you go to that size, you no longer have the elastic in the waist so they're too small. I bought some 9's and they fit pretty good around the waist, but I'll have to cut them off and hem them up. Any suggestions out there?????

have you tried the 9 short? Some brands have it available for the vertically challenged like my kids.

I've been told by people who have pudgy daughters that Land's End has the best pants for expanding waists. They have elastic in some pants and in others there is a little elastic strip on buttons.

After 7X comes size 8. My son is 5 1/2 and he wears some 7x but I now buy 8s. The boy sizes go from 4-7 then 8-20. Be careful on not only what brand but the style. Some are a lot bigger, especially after being washed they can stretch. Most of these are adjustable waist too so that does help. Try JC Penney or Sears they usually have what you need or Walmart. Hope this helps.
Kathy

I would look for 8 husky. I know they have them at walmart and target.

I can relate !!!! My youngest is six yrs. old..a girl & in a size 16 in girls...I've taken her to the doctor & he's run thryoid tests & even one to check the adreanel gland but says they are "normal"....so he blames her eating habits...I'm diabetic so the family eats healthy & portions are reasonalble...I'm trying to find a doctor that will do some more testing as this isn't "normal" ...good luck !

Have you looked for "husky" in the boys section? I think some stores sell this but not sure what size they start with.

have you tried 8 husky? I have two boys one is 9 and the other is 15 my oldest son had that same problem for a little while we tried the husky jeans and they worked out great for us. if you get them at old navy, the gap, or levi stores they have the inside elastic in those jeans that seems to be a big help with my younger son. we told our oldest son that the husky jeans were just cut of jeans.

no not really my daughter has the same problem i just have to cut the bottoms of her pants

Check out Old Navy. There jeans have elastic in the inside that can be pulled tighter and held with a button! and let out as they grow...

Hope that helps,

R.,
Wal-Mart carries jeans that may not have an elastic waist, but inside the waistline is an elastic band (it's red, so it's easy to see) with button holes in it, and red buttons. You simply pull the red elastic as snug as you need on each side, and button it to the red buttons.
I know your frustration - I had that issue with my first son, but my 2nd son is the opposite, so I just let the elastic out more.

My son's weight changes with some of the meds he takes. I think the magic word is "Husky" usually those are bigger waisted without all the extra length.

Some of the jeans at walmart have these bands built into the inner waistline with about eight button holes on the inside that you can use to cinch the waist, you just pull in as much as you need on either side and button into place. My son wears a twelve and his jeans have them.

Good luck. I have a tall lanky girl who wears a 6 waist with a 7 length so jeans are always too baggy or a little too short!

1 / 3