What Color Ribbon Is Third Place?

I have hosting a Kentucky Derby Party. For some reason, I had it in my head that 3rd place is a yellow ribbon and 4th is white. But, now I think I may have it backwards. Does anyone know the order of colors? Blue is 1st Place. Red is 2nd Place...

Thanks for the help. I think the color sort of depends on the sport. So, I'm going with yellow for the derby.

Yellow is 3rd White is 4th
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_show
(scroll all the way down to the bottom for a chart)

Have a great party. Do you have your Mint Julep recipe?

You may have to "google" the answer.

first is blue
second is red
third is white
fourth is yellow
the rest are green

first/blue second/red third/yellow fourth/white that is what i always got in sports growing up. Maybe some places do others. I know in horses the US use this method. In canada they switch the 3rd and 4th colors and the 1st and 2nd colors. Weird huh. Britain and Canada are different too. I guess I would go with what ever color but read what it says. If it is a purple ribbon and says first...then you won! LOL Have a great day!

White is third and yellow is fourth

Have a great party!

1 / 3