What Can I Feed My 11 Month Old Baby

I am a single first time mom to a beauitful 11 month old daughter. Does any one know what I can feed her. I have been giving her the stage 2 and some times stage 3 baby food jars and she use to always eat then but since she turned 11 months old on the 24th of august he has conpletely changed. She just all of a sudden woke up and started walking and she know longer wants to eat the baby food jars. I have given her baked or boiled chicken, whole pinto beans, pieces of chesse and she loves that. Does anyone have any ideas on what else she can eat..She loves to feed herself. I would really appericate any ideas.

The obvious answer is cheerios, but guess what, my son loves the mini Nilla Wafers. They're bite size, but not too sweet. Also, try cutting up fruit unto small chunks for her, and to make them less slippery, coat them in ground up cheerios. I found the ground up cheerio trick works for any hard to handle food.

Mia

My daughter loved grilled cheese sandwiches, soup and crackers ( I used to crush the crackers in the soup to thicken it up a little) fish, and par boiled carrots with dressing. She pretty much ate just about anything. She loved stuff like hummus and pita bread, and she was and is a huge fan of soy sausage patties, they are really easy to chew.

You can feed her any softer fruit cut up in little cubes, different cheeses, pasta like elbow macaroni in a sauce. And just let her have it. Thats half the fun! If she has some teeth you can give her things like baby gold fish and cookies on occasion. Look in the baby food section at the gerber graduates. They are expensive, but they can give you some ideas.

A great resource is Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron - tons of feeding info through 3 years of age.

This is a really tough stage... still looking for soft things but obviously your baby is looking for some substance... You could check out the book First Meals which has a lot of great recipes but more importantly just opened my eyes to the possibilities and things that I hadn't thought of giving my daughter...

Does she have any teeth yet? Sometimes I do refried beans and cheese on a tortilla. Just melt it all in the microwave and do tiny pieces. (A good tip: a pizza cutter is the best tool for cutting small pieces- makes it a ton easier!) How about steaming up some carrots, sweat potatoes, or squash. Parmesan cheese is great to sprinkle on stuff to add some more flavor. And you mentioned pieces of cheese. I buy the shredded stuff in the package and it is really quick and easy. Makes a mess but it's worth it!

ALSO- one of the best tips I got from another mom was:
In the frozen section at Whole Foods, look for a brand called Dr. Praeger's. They make spinach pancakes, potato pancakes, broccoli pancakes, fish fillets. They are really tasty and fast- heat up for 30 seconds each side in the microwave. I also sometimes get Amy's veggie lasagna which lasts a couple of meals.

You could also look in the prepared section at the grocery store. How about bits of prepared tofu, risotto cakes or when she is a little older, salmon cakes. I always used to think that stuff would be too expensive, but 1 risotto cake is goof for 3 meals.

Good luck! I find that if I can have someone watch my daughter while I go to the store, I am able to take the time to browse the aisles and think out of the box a little. (I realize that is a luxury but at this point it seems to be the "little" things in life!)

My son loves to feed himself yogurt, cottage cheese rice using his spoon -- it is a mess but great practice. In addition, you can have her hand feed herself -- cut up pieces of penne shaped pasta with butter or a light sause, canned green beans, frozen veggies of any kind, potaotes, pieces of toast. My son ate all of these things at 11 months.

I am a daycare provider and at 11 months it is all about the protein. You are doing good with chicken, beans and cheese. Try these things.....tuna, eggs, & anything lean in meat. By the time by little ones turn 1 they are pretty much eating what the older kids are eating just in smaller porportions. Just stay away from Hot dogs, popcorn, peanut butter, & honey.

Good Luck.

I fed my twins anything by Gerber...they have these GREAT entrees that are a good way to get them started on grownup food. They sell them in all the grocery stores. Anything in small pcs for her to chew(once they have teeth they can have pretty much anything. If you get the entrees, mix up the veggies in with the pasta/turkey or whatever that way they will be sure to eat them!!

Good luck...it's fun to see what they'll eat!!

You can try soft fresh fruits like peaches, bananas and melon. Most babies that age love Cheerios, just make sure she is supervised. You can also introduce fresh well cooked/steamed veggies like baby carrots, potatoes, yams, green beans. My son loves yogurt, soft cheeses and toast with pureed veggies or fruit spread on it. Put down a mat under her high chair and let her go. There will be a mess sometimes, but it how she'll learn to feed herself and become more independent as well as allowing her to experience textures of different foods.

Mia

1 / 3