What Can I Do to Get Rid of the Big Belly and Spare Tire?

Im 31 yrs old, I have 3 daughters. Ever since my last daughter which has been 7 yrs now.....I cant loose weight. Im moving all the time, drink plenty of water and I dont eat but once-twice a day. Im just not hungry. By the looks of me you'd think I ate a cow. So anyways Im 300lbs now. I want to get back to 160. Any advice on how I can do that would be awesome. Thanks. K.

1. Cut all processed sugars out of your diet. If it's not the sugar God put in it, don't eat it.

2. Eat 5 snacks every day intead of eating full meals. Think of your metabolism like a fire. Keep it burning all day long instead of making two bonfires that burn out quickly and you'll have better results.

3. Don't eat after 6pm. Go walking for a full hour each day. Take the girls. They can bike or walk or scoot or whatever. Just get out of the house and walk.

4. Drink 8oz of water right before you sleep.

5. Go to bed and wake up at a reasonable hour, and don't try to sleep in. Being consistent with your circadian rhythm helps increase your metabolism and keep it consistent.

6. Consider jumpstarting your lifestyle change by visiting with your doctor and discussing a cleansing fast like The Daniel Fast or Clean Eating. Stay far away from diets that fill you up with cholesterols and too much meat (Atkins).

TF Plano is correct! You need to eat 6 small meals a day, even if you are not hungry. Your body stores fat when it doesn't not get the proper nutrition and calorie intake. See a specialist and see what your calorie intake should be. If you have a smart phone you can download an app called Fitness Pal, it is amazing! It tracks your calorie intake and so much more! Exercise is the key as well!

You're not eating often enough. Your body thinks it's starving, like there's a famine. It's storing fat. Your metabolism has slowed down so much that it's not burning anything - it's storing fat for future energy needs. That's what happens in nature.

You need small amounts of a balance of protein, healthy fat (YES - FAT) and carbs. You need 5 small meals a day starting today:

Breakfast: try an egg or oatmeal with fruit (frozen berries are fine - put them in for the last few minutes of cooking so they heat up without getting mushy) or goat cheese spread on a warm piece of whole grain bread. No sugary juices but an apple would be great.

Snack: celery with a teaspoon of peanut butter or a low fat cheese like Laughing Cow, or PB on an apple, or a handful of roasted almonds.

Lunch: salad with grilled chicken or tuna (hold the mayo) and some seeds or nuts like sunflower or sesame seeds. Add avocado - a healthy fat

Afternoon snack - anything you didn't have in the morning.

Dinner: broiled chicken, stir fried chicken/veggies/tofu (use olive oil - a healthy fat), fish (broiled/baked salmon, tilapia, etc.). A great way to make either one is to dip it in a beaten egg or some milk, then in a mixture of whole wheat bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, then bake. You can also make healthy versions of nuggets and fries. tacos/enchiladas, pasta dishes and so much more that will please you and the kids at the same time. I have a zillion recipes I used with my picky eater son and 2 skeptical

There is a great protein powder you can add to a shake, either by itself or in a smoothie that will give you the nutrition you need to keep you from getting hungry. There is a natural peptide that controls appetite and also reduces free fatty acids will increasing the hormone that makes you feel satisfied. You can take that by itself or in another product - it's mechanically (not chemically) extracted and does no harm, does not stimulate the central nervous system, or do anything else. It nourishes your cells so they perform optimally. It's also safe for kids and gives their developing brains the nutritional support they need.

You want to get yourself as well as your children to develop healthy eating habits. Watching their mom not eat, go without breakfast, and just survive on water is not enough. This is going to take its toll on your immune system, your knees, your digestive system, and other things as well.

You've gotten some awesome advice below! I just want to throw in there how important it is to NOT cut out fat from your diet. Your brain requires fat to function well, as does your digestive system. Be sure to eat healthy fat like those in avocados, olive oil, or nuts. Good luck!

Sounds to me like your metabolism needs to be jump started. I would recommend two important things to get great success.

1. See a nutritionist. From this trained professional you can get some suggestions and recommendations for how to prepare foods, eating differently, calorie counting and the like. The more you know the more prepared you can be to change your life and loose the weight. A nutritionist may even recommend eating 5 times a day as opposed to only 2. Small breakfast, lunch and dinner with two snacks would keep you having that full feeling while you are addressing your metabolic needs.

2. Fitness. You need an exercise regimen. Consult your doctor on any limitations you may have then get out there and try all kinds of things. Walking is excellent place to start. Begin with 15 minutes of vigorous walking. You should exercise at least every other day. This gives your muscles a chance to recover. Consider signing up for a personal trainer. They can help motivate and push you beyond your comfort level. Swimming or water aerobics are also a great way to burn calories and get fitness. Taking the stairs and parking far from the front door are all ways of getting your fitness in daily.

There is no pill, no quick fix for weight loss just be consistent in what you are doing and you will get there little by little.

I had a personal trainer tell me that you can't spot reduce, you need to lose weight all over. You can do sit ups, crunches and work your core to tighten the muscles which will hold your belly in, but you'll need to lose weight. I find that eating low carb works the best...
Do exercise in small bits...walk at least 2 miles a day and add some 5 lb weights to get the muscles going. Muscle burns more calories. Do squats with our without weights. The large muscle groups burn the most calories.

If you truly are malnourished (have been eating only once or twice per day for 7 years) and you are 300pounds and moving all the time, you need a doctor because something is medically wrong with how your body functions.

If you eat a healthy, clean diet of reasonably spaced, reasonably sized meals, and exercise a lot, including weight training and strength stuff, you will lose weight rapidly if you are medically normal. Especially if you don't have a huge appetite.

I recommend eating 75% raw fresh fruit and veggies, and 25% everything else, and spacing that out to at LEAST three meals and two snacks so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. And increase your exercise, adding muscle work. A gym can orient you on machines and has various classes that incorporate strength training with cardio.

I don't lose weight at all from walking or "moving around" the house climbing stairs and stuff-even going to park and all that-I'll actually gain it even being "naturally active". I have to add in real work-outs several times per week on top of normal moving to maintain and lose weight when necessary.

It that doesn't work, you need to see a specialist!

You can't eat only once a day.
Your body thinks it's going into starvation mode & HOLDS onto the fat.
Need to eat 3 meals a day (balanced, healthy ones) & 2-3 smaller
snacks per day. So, in effect, you are eating 6 meals/day (3 reg, 3 sm).
Limit carbs (bread, tortillas, rice, potatoes).
Eat a protein w/a carb (turkey & wheat bread, peanut butter on toast etc).
Lift small weights at home (helps to burn fat & rev metabolism)
Get moving. Walk. Start small. Go a short distance from your home.
Drink lots of water. Strive for 6-8 glasses per day.

1 / 3