What Can I Do for My Husband to Show My Appreciation?

Hello moms, lately my husband has been putting in a lot of hours at work. He has a long commute and he's getting a bit burned out. I would like to do something for him to show how much I respect and appreciate him and what he does for us. He works hard so that I can stay home with our daughter. I have already written notes so I'm looking for something else. I also already cook him dinner. I wouldn't mind spending a few dollars but really it would be better if it was free, he would appreciate it more if it's free. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch!

Hi L. Show him how much you appreciate him by telling him how much you love him with hugs and kisses. Have the bathtub ready for him when he comes home with some nice bubble bath and a candle lite dinner and make sweet love to him at night. This would be worth more than the gold at Fort Knoxs.

I think a nice even massage would be a nice way to say thank you for all the work you do for us.
I do know that men love the nice notes, so keep them coming.

L.,

Hi! I actually had my husband read this to see what he would think. If your husband likes football, he said the best thing would be to buy a 12 pack of beer, chips, and let him watch football by himself while you and the kids find something else to do on Sunday. I started laughing, but he was dead serious.

It sounds like you have an amazing husband!

Okay...you can do with this what you want...but I think doing something "extra" in the bedroom with not strings attached is a cheap, fun way to make your hubby smile more!

One thing I started with my hubby was putting SHMILY all over. SHMILY stands for See How Much I Love You. Here is the story I read before I started it with him...
http://www.naute.com/inspiration/shmily.phtml
It is a very touching story!

All I have to do to remind him that I think of him and that I love him is write SHMILY anywhere! I have written in the mirror after I got out of the shower so when he steams it up next it shows up. I have written it with Hershey Kisses and rose petals on his pillow. If you find something that reminds you of him put it somewhere and write a post it or whatever that says SHMILY. I have even written it on a piece of paper and put it in his lunch... DO NOT put it in a ham sandwich like I did! Oooops- he ate half of it! We have been doing it for 12 years now. We even named our first dog SHMILY... well actually our son did! Sometimes I will just call and leave voice mails with a song and then say SHMILY at the end. I have sat him down and told him I am giving him a SHMILY and then rubbed his feet and back!

You can come up with TONS of ways to be creative with it! Of course he would have to read the story behind SHMILY too... I framed it for us! Who knows... he may love the idea so much he may even give you SHMILYs too!

Whatever you do if you do it with your heart he will know that you appreciate him and all he does for your family! I think it is awesome that you want to recognize him for it!

Many blessings to you and yours!

what could be better than a vigorous romp in the sack?
I'm sure your husband would like that more than just about anything else! I know mine would. LOL

I agree with a couple other posts...find someone to take your daughter overnight for starters. Then make his very favorite dinner and eat by candlelight, have his favorite music playing in the background and wear something sexy. (every guy likes that!) If you have a fireplace light a fire and lay a blanket down in front of it, give him a nice massage and let it go from there. Don't be disappointed though if he gets so relaxed he falls asleep! Another option is inviting a couple of his friends over for the game, make some munchies for them and disappear for a couple hours with your daughter. If he's burned out he might not want to go out...he may just want to stay in his own home and relax. Otherwise, just keep showing him on a daily basis how much you do appreciate what he's doing for you and your family!

It's wonderful that you recognize and appreciate all your husband does for you and your family. I think the #1 best way to show your appreciation is simply to tell him that, over and over. Tell him how thankful you are that he is such a great provider, how much you appreciate all he does, how proud you are of him, and what a wonderful man he is. And tell him often! Show him lots of love and affection, maybe a back rub when he's had an extra long day, and be patient with him on days when he's not in a great mood. I think showing him in these ways will go much farther than a gift, for example... though that's always nice, too. :)

I read a lot of the post and I know that my husband would enjoy spending time with me, alone, or even a romp in the sack. But, I know my husband would think it was even more thoughtful if I did something for him, like telling him to go golfing(which it looks like this will be the last weekend for that). Not sure what you husband likes to do, but plan poker party, or have the guys over to watch a football game and have beer and pizza. Even a night out with the boys would be great. Some other free ideas, which I am sure you have already done, let him sleep in on Saturday morning, make him his favorite breakfast and serve it in bed. You could make him a t-shirt with handprints on it and after the handprints have dried you can write a word why he is the best(kind, funny,etc.) You could even paint your belly button and put that on the shirt for the baby. Bonus, you can always add new handprints to the shirt.

1 / 3