What Can I Bring to Thanksgiving Dinner?

My MIL hosts and makes:

turkey
ham
mashed potatoes
sweet potatoes
stuffing
gravy
jello salad
rolls

My BIL bakes pies - and when I say pies, I mean that he usually brings a dozen pies to a dinner with 12 to 15 people. Who could possibly eat that much pie?

What's left? Help, I really want to contribute, but I feel like we're already overloaded with food.

How about this squash casserole. I hear it's great so I'm going to make it this year!
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/squash-casserole-50400000...

Homemade cranberry sauce?

Looks like you're missing veggies! You could do a nice salad, fresh green bean casserole, or roasted brocolli/cauliflower. Something green.

A big container of Crispix Mix
A crockpot and the makings for a good spiced cider (find the recipe for the one with real maple syrup in it...it's TO DIE FOR)
Relish platter (veggies, pickles, olives, jellied cranberry sauce)
A hot dip and crackers (I love Buffalo Chicken Dip with Chiken In a Biskit crackers).

Appetizer or fruit for those that don't want pie!

Veggie platter and dip to munch on before dinner is ready.

Appetizers, Relishes, Drinks (both Adult & Kid friendly)
Offer to do dishes & clean up

Homemade cranberry sauce?

A big container of Crispix Mix

Giblet gravy
asparagus
Home made Ice Cream.

Hope you have a wonderful time.

I like the green beans/fresh veggie votes and the wine/beer votes. And, no, I don't count jello salad as a veg (or even a salad).

Maybe add some Tums/Rolaids/Pepto to your list. With that much pie, you're going to need it.

1 / 3