What Are the Chances of Pregnancy After Vascectomy?

Im 36 my husband is 34 - we have an 8 year old girl - weve been together for 10 years. I have two boys from Previous marriage ages 18 & 17.

Our daughter was a 'surprise' and once she was 6 weeks old he went and got a vasectomy done. It was solely his decision and I didnt argue about it but I was not sure at the time if I wanted any more. i know he didnt want any more, we have 8 nephews and my daughter is the only granddaughter on both sides of the family. I often thought he would want a boy and my daughter would have a playmate. MY sons dont really play with their sister and she makes me crazy about having no one to play with. Lately I keep wishing Id be pregnant but the vasectomy was done over 8 years ago and well nothings happened since then. Maybe I just dont want to have a period anymore lol.

Maybe too many people around me are having kids, I dunno, I have this bug about it. Am I crazy? Has anyone gone thru this?

Sorry Im just feeling lost with everyone having kids, I wanted another but thats not possible. I know its late to give my daughter a playmate its what happened with my sons and their sister, the age gap is there already. I was just wondering if other people had felt this way.

Well, as a lab tech, I ran hcg tests on PLENTY of women whose husbands had had vasectomies...and SURPRISE!!! Almost 90% of those + tests were men who didn't go back for their SECOND follow up. The farthest out from a vasectomy that I saw come out positive was 13 years. Can you imagine?!? After 13 years, one would assume the vasectomy took! But nope! In one case in particular, there was a lot of rumor/mud slinging about affairs, ect (of which I knew the woman and knew almost for certain there was no affair) and when Mr. went in for a LOOOOONG overdue 2nd post vas, there were clear swimmers!

Is it common? No. But I've seen it plenty!

Pretty uncommon that you'd be able to get pregnant unless the vasectomy is reversed. But it sounds like YOU want a baby. Your husband has not said that he wants a boy, don't make decions for thing that you want by making up something about him. Also, if you got pregnant now, your daughter would be 9 when her sister or brother would be born. They would NOT be playmates. A 9 year old needs to play with friends her age. An infant is not a playmate for a 9 year old. In 5 years, she's be a teenager into music, boys, makeup and the mall, and would have nothing in common with a 5 year old. A baby is something that YOU wantl, but don't try to justify that by saying it's for your husband and daughter.

my husbands uncle had a vasectomy & 14 yrs later was a little surprise named crissy

My mom and dad were both fixed.

At 44 my mom came and told my older sister and I she was expecting....I was7 she was 9.

I now have a lil' sister who is almost 21. She is one of my best friends.

So, can it happen? Yes.

They can be reversed.

He would have to be willing.

I go through this every once in awhile. I had my tubs tied by 25. Three kids they were practically helping me sign the paper work to have it done.

I always keep in the back of my head that my mom and dad were BOTH FIXED and had my sister...So, miracles can happen. Although they are never a guarantee.

my dad had a vasectomy and we got my little brother 10 years later. It can happen, but it's not super likely.

1 / 3