What are best cooking ideas for my 14 months old toddler

I've finally found my self going stir crazy not being able to come up with better food ideas for my 14 month old. I've found that I go back and forth between grill cheese, chicken nuggets, and turkey dogs. I give eggs for breakfast and cereal and bannanas. She's bored with cheerios, oatmeal cereal, yogurt, and cheese. I've tried apples didn't care for them. Spaghettios and Cottage Cheese wouldn't even let it near her mouth. She's also bored with cuccumber.

Please Help ASAP!!

Summary

At age of 14 months, there are a lot of food choices for them. Check out the article for other moms' recipes.

I wanted to thank everyone for giving me advice for my special daughter Nattalie who's almost 15 months now, but I also wanted to find a way to let you all know and for the one's that I hear from more then once, that I had lost our second baby this week. They had found a blood clot in the baby's sac when I was 7 weeks and at the time they didn't think it was causing any harm, but this past Tuesday I had a regular check up and I told my doctor that I was curious if the blood clot had lowered and she decided to do an ultrasound herself and it did lower, but it had already caused damage. It caused no oxygen and no nutrients to the baby and it stopped growing since my last ultrasound on the 14th of December. If any of you have some comforting words it would greatly be appreciated and or scripture verses. I just wanted all of you to know.

Try Annabel Karmel's First Meals by DK Publishing. The ISBN is: 075660365X. It's much easier to digest (pun intended) than the Ruth Yarrow book. She also has a "Complete baby and toddler meal planner" but I haven't used that.

Happy cooking,
Jen M.

Tofu is great to cut up in cubes and is esy for them to feed themselves. My hubbie and I don't like it, but we never told her that. Also, Trader Joe's has these mini ravioli that you can serve them without having to cut them up.

J.-

Making sure toddlers eat a well balanced meal can feel overwhelming. I have a 14 month old also and have found certain books to be great resources: Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron, Simply Natural Baby Food by Cathe Olson, and Disease Proof Your Child by Joel Fuhrman.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. It often takes toddlers MANY times of exposure to new foods before they will eat them and a healthy child will not let his/herself starve so keep on trying the variety of foods.

There is nothing like introducing toddlers to comfort foods that are healthy. My kids are a little older now, but I gained a family reputation for getting toddlers and pre-schoolers to eat almost anything.

1. Introduce vegetables with comfort foods. Like making chicken and dumplings. The broth has minced onions, carrots, celery and chicken with bits of dumplings in it. Easy to make and then just heat and serve. Even the most picky eaters in our family would devour two bowls of this yummy dish.
2. Make original oatmeal and let your toddler add raisins or bananas to it. That makes the oatmeal more fun. A little vanilla milk adds to the flavor.
3. I love flour tortillas. They can be folded over monterey jack cheese, layer a little tomato, spinach leaf, chicken, put it in the microwave and voila! Cut into small pieces and serve. This is how I got my nephew to eat vegetables. He was Mr. No Veggies until I made him this dish. The nice thing with this is you can vary it by adding eggs, or other kinds of meat or vegetables. The cheese helps it be creamy and is another type of comfort food.

L. H.
Mom to two munchkins and new to Mamasource!

How about: waffles, pancakes, french toast, lasagna (or really, any type of pasta), hamburger or cheeseburger (crumbled, of course), lunch meats, banana bread, muffins, pears, rice, pickles (my son LOVES these!), mandarin oranges, baby goldfish. I would, however, stay away from the PB&J recommended previously due to the risk of peanut allergy.

Hope this helps!!

Happy cooking,
Jen M.

Get Anabel Karmel's book "First Meals" which will take you through toddlerhood. These are delicious, easy meals for the whole family that will expland your kid's palate and make everyone happy. Her ideas combined with offering our children whatever we're eating has made our 3 year old a non fussy eater with a good appetite. Good luck!

My 15 month old eats:

tortellini (he loves it)
any kind of pasta with butter & cheese, red sauce, pesto couscous
fish
toast (wheat or cinnamon raisin)
bagels
pears
blueberries
strawberries
peas & corn (he eats both straight out of the freezer!)
cooked baby carrots
apsaragus
chicken
beans & rice
hummus (great for dipping)

Hope that helps.

I think this age is notorious for picky eating!

Usually we keep it simple. Have you tried giving her little pieces of turkey, ham or chicken? Same with different or new cheeses, fruits and vegetables?
Amy

I am responding to the 'So What Happened post. I am so sorry for your loss. I know your 2nd baby is well taken care in heaven, and you two will meet some day. I don't have a reason on why these things happen, but I know the Lord won't give you anything you cannot handle. Here is a verse that I hope will be bring you comfort,

“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:29-31

1 / 3