What Are 5 Yo Girls Into?

We are going to a 5 year old girls bday party and i have 2 boys, so im not sure what 5 yo girls like. Are they into Dora? What kind of toys do they like? Barbies? COloring books/crayons? Im lost. Or should i just give her money? Any advice would be great.

we have ALWAYS given $20 cash....EVERY kid has been absolutely THRILLED to get money....also I don't have an extra place to stop (more like forget to stop at)

My daughter liked the princesses when she was 5. Littlest Pet Shop things might also be a hit. She also liked all the dress up stuff.

Hannah Montana anything - barbies - play makeup is really popular - dress up - cooking/baking pretend items - fun girly stuff!

It wouldn't hurt to ask her mother, since some girls love one thing and others don't. I believe crafts are still too difficult for 5 yr olds, play-doh is pretty universally liked, most kids have crayons, paints, etc. but how about glitter glue. They like hair accessories and pretty little purses, fake make-up (but ask M. first), they're not really dextrous enough to dress Barbies, and probably already have some. Paper or board dolls with clothes that cling they can manage, most love dress-up things, shoes, wands, crowns, dresses.. I have always liked paint with water books, but they seem to be hard to find now but perfect for this age. Bubbles and a big set of bubble acessories are popular. Good books, like classic children's books. If she is a princess, she will like all the princess themed toys.
Well I read some of the other moms, guess it's been awhile since I've had a 5 yr old girls.

Disney princess. Barbies. Dora

My 5 year old daughter is into princesses, Littlest Pet Shop, Barbie Princess Movies, My Little Pony, Drawing and coloring. Hope this helps.

As a mother of a girl who did not like barbie or pink or god forbid those little ponies let me urge you to stick with a fun art/craft kit (or even a fun age appropriate science kit). Lets not perpetuate all those gender assumptions!

Barbie & Polly Pockets are great for girls at that age. I do agree that Arts & Crafts stuff is the safest way to go if you are not sure what she is in to. They make some really cute kits that make bracelets & necklaces. There are even kits that make bird houses (good even if she is not a girlie girl). Michaels is a great place to look for craft kits for kids.

My friend's 5 YO daughter with whom we hang out with a lot is VERY into drawing, so markers, sparkly pencils, etc., a drawing pad with cute picture on the cover, were much appreciated for her last birthday. She loves clothes and dressing up, so any dress-up stuff or accessories like hair ribbons and barrettes. And Calico Critters are VERY squeal-worthy little animals for pretend play. Have fun!

1 / 3