What Almond Milk Is Fortified?

I want to give my 20 month old Almond Milk but my doctor said to make sure it was fortified and had vitamin D in it. Which Almond Milk is fortified and has vitamin D in it?

silk soy milk is fortefied. it takes good too. I have bought it from walmart and it is reasonably priced.

All almond milk has Vit. D :( Not sure what your doc means about "fortified". I compared lables when we moved from soy to almond. My son was having trouble with cow milk, so we did soy for a while. Then I heard about the fido estrogens and decided to go for almond instead. Humans don't need cow milk, they can get everything they need from food, and vitamins if they aren't eating nutritiously enough.

ummm i suggest reading the label on the various types to see what is that way..

I use Silk and Almond Breeze. Both have more calcium than milk and as much Vit. D. And I believe the calcium is more easily absorbed than that in milk. You're making a good choice - good job, Mommy! ( :

The vitamin D is needed to help the body absorb the calcium, I believe, so the box should say "vitamin d fortified" or "fortified with vitamin d" or have vitamin d on the nutrition panel.

Also, be aware that a lot of cow milk alternatives have a lot of sugar, so compare brands for the sugar content as well. Rice milk and soy milk are other common milk alternatives. You can also make "oat milk" (here is a reviewed recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-oat-milk-297615).

Keep in mind, too, that there are lots of other sources of protein and calcium, other than cow/soy/almond milks. Just google (non-dairy source of calcium) or similar terminology.

Not sure-but take a look at this:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-...

Ten minutes of sunshine a day is plenty to get enough Vitamin D for anyone. You don't need it from extra sources unless your child is never outdoors. It will not be absorbed through the windows like some people think. I can't imagine anyone in LA being Vitamin D deficient....Almond milk is a good alternative to dairy as is goat's milk. Rice milk has much less nutrition and is usually full of sugar.

Hope this helps...

We drink both the Silk and Almond Breeze brands too. Both are fortified. I make sure to buy the unsweetened stuff for my son.

1 / 3