What Age Group Is Goosebumps For? Need Book Ideas for 7 Yr Old.

My daughter is in second grade and is reading a little above a third grade level but the only book series she has liked so far has been Junie B. Jones. I am a voracious reader but for the life of me can not seem to remember what I was reading at her age (7 yrs.) Most of my favorite childhood books are for an older age. Please send some suggestions my way! I thought about goosebumps but haven't read any myself and don't know what the targeted age range for them is-figured someone out there would. I'll read whatever before she does just to check it out but I need some idea of what to look for in the public library first. I am hoping to find something she has trouble putting down and can't wait to read through as this is the best way to encourage reading. Everything I can think of is a little too long or thick. I'd like smaller books for now until she gets a little faster. Long books are daunting at this age and an occassional picture can make a world of difference-so what do you moms recommend?

Try Sonlight.com reader lists for age appropriate books that are acceptable from a Christian perspective. Some of the books on the list are fun fiction, like Encyclopedia Brown, Misty of Chincoteague, Little House on the Prairie, etc. I would recommend Christian Book Distributors online for adolescent books as well. In lieu of Goosebumps, my children read the Christian fiction author Frank Peretti's children series. My son, who is now 22, says those are still his favorite all time books. My daughter liked the American girl series.

I think Goosebumps are for ages 9 - 12 or so, so if she is reading at 3rd grade level, that might be a good series for her. i never read them, but i used to read the Fear Street books by R.L. Stine (same author) (back in the 90s! haha )when i was a pre-teen/teenager and loved them. I loved reading when i was that age, so i'm trying to remember what i read..... i also used to read The Babysitters Club - dont know if those are still out??? What about the Little House on the Prairee series? I never read that, but used to love watching the show when I was younger. The chronicles of narnia - not sure if that's her age group. I also used to read Nancy Drew. What about those Lemony Snicket Series of Unfortunate Events books? those might be her age group? Oh, i also used to love Sweet Valley High and I think they had a series for younger girls called Sweet Valley Twins when they were younger.

Hope that helped give you some ideas. :)

My son loves Beverly Cleary and the Judy Moody series. Oh yeah, also the Magic Treehouse series.

The Boxcar Children, anything Judy Blume, Anything Beverly Cleary

depends on the child. one child may never be able to read goosebumps because they are scary. Another child will think they are funny. Does your child scare easily? If so, don't bother with this series. If she likes scary things then you have a new series of books for her. You know your daughter best.

My daughter loves to read the American Girl books and Tinker Bell and her friends series books.

Here's a GREAT thread for you on DFW Area Moms: http://www.dfwareamoms.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129298...

My kids never got into Goosebumps, so I can't tell you about that series, but they really enjoy Magic Treehouse, Boxcar Children, Jigsaw Jones, and Amber Brown.

We tried Little House when my oldest was younger (she's a really good reader as well), but she didn't really get into them until 4th grade.

www.familyeguide.com Free guide to affordable family activities in Lewisville Flower Mound, Highland Village and the surrounding communitites.

How about the "Ramona" books by Beverly Cleary?

1 / 3