Western Cowboy Party

My son will be turning one in a 5 months. We are wanting to give him a little party with close friends and family. I am wanting to do a Cowboy party. I need more ideas. So far I think I will make some catcus cut outs of card board painted green, marshmellow pops that look like T.N.T. and order a western looking cake. I dont want to go over board and bring in hay or anything too extream. I am asking so far in advance because if I need to make anything I need to allow myself PLEANTY of time. Thanks for you help.

Go to www.birthdaypartyideas.com They have listings of themes and other parents have listed in detail the party they gave. That is where I get all my ideas for parties! Have fun planning.

Hi J..
I have 3 children and usually find their birthday themes using Oriental Trading. They actually have a really cute Cowboy theme. If you go to orientaltrading.com and type in the theme you are looking for, it will bring up anything pertaining to it. It's pretty cheap and comes in the mal quick too. Good luck!
C. M.

good morning
If you are looking for party ideas here is one for you. check out www.morningstarranch.org I am part of this ministry It is a ranch that uses the ranch environment to teach bibilcal principles thru the use of animals .We do birthday parties and can bring a horse and some small petting zoo animals to your place or you can come out to the ranch.WE have a big peting zoo we do lead arounds trail rides we have a wagon pulled by a big tractor at the ranch we take rides into a pasture where there are 50 some horeses roaming around. we could really add a lot to a cowboy party theme. Morning star ranch is located in Somerset. You can get directions from the web site. Feel free to e-mail me at ____@____.com Have a great day and God bless you
D. P
I am sahm of 4 ages 12,18,20 and 23 years old Married to a wonderfull husband and father for 23 years this year

Sorry, I don't have any ideas, but your marshmallow idea worried me - marshmallows are a choking hazard to kids under 3 years old (same with popcorn). A 1-yr old may be okay to have the mini ones, but it might be best to avoid marshmallows all together.

You can do BBQ for food. When guest arrive you can have them sign a cowboy hat with a different color permanent markers...for a keep sake.

Hi J..
C. M.

Hi J.-

We did a cowboy theme for our son's 4th birthday. I don't know how many kids will be at your party but we had cowboy hats and bandanas for each child that were pretty cheap from Oriental Trading Co. To serve food you can use small metal pails. We also bought an inexpensive game of horseshoes for the kids to play in the yard.

Since we are in Texas, it is pretty easy to find cookie cutters in the shape of boots, cowboy hat... You can serve cookies in western shapes then. Also a thing we did at my 2 year olds, but might work for your 1 year old, is they make pinata's with pull-strings rather than you having to hit it. There is one "magic" string that will open a flap on the bottom of the pinata and the rest just detach. If you want there is a birthday party website that has pretty good prices that sell lots of different items including the pull-string pinatas. It is www.celebrateexpress.com.

1 / 3