Weight Question???

Samantha is 6.5 months old and weighs close to 14 lbs. and Ryan is also 6.5 months old and weighs about 14.5 lbs. Givin that they were 3 months premature this seems pretty good to me! I was just wondering if other moms could share baby weights at baby's current age and that of when they were around 6-7 months old (given that they are that old:) I would just love to have something to compare with. Yes Yes I know...all babies are different...but I'm just wondering:)
Thanks moms!

My daughter at 6.5 Months weighed 19.5 pounds. She is in the 80-90% range in everything, Length weight and head size. But my Husband is 6'4".

I am not sure if this will help you, as my son was always between the 90th and 93rd percentile for height and weight, but here goes...

At 6 months old he was 23 lbs. and aprox 29 inches long.

Currently he is 3 years old:41 lbs. and 40 inches tall. Even though his height and weight line up with one another (92 percentile on growth charts), his doctor just told me that he is larger than the average 4 year old. Over 8 lbs. at birth.
Hope this helps in some way? :) For twins born 3 months early, they seem to be pretty big! I wouldn't worry if I were you! :)

That is an excellent weight for babies thier age. My neighbor has twin girls that are 6.5 months old and they weigh between 14 and 16 pounds. I have a 6.5 month pold boy and he weighs 17.5 pounds. But twins will always weigh a little bit less that a full term baby. Don't worry about thier weight unless they start losing weight.

Hello K. my boy/girl twins are 7 1/2 months old and at 7 months weighed 15.4 and 16 lbs. They were 7 weeks premature, they are both around 50% on the adjusted chart. I understand that sometimes its nice to know about other children your age. Also my twins eat between 25-28 ounces of formula per day and eat about 2-3 tbl of cereal twice per day, and about 3-4 tbl of vegies or fruit for lunch. I don't know if this helps you out at all, but we have been following alot of what we give them based on what we did with their older brother (even though he wasn't premature). Good Luck.
N.

my daughter weighed 13. 6 pounds at 6 months. she was at the 10th percentile for weight. She is just a tiny little thing. Most babies are 20-21 pounds at one year and she was only 17 pounds at a year. your kids sound normal considering thet were so premature.

hi! my son was 17 pounds 9 ounces at 6months and at 8 months was 18 pounds and 11 ounces!

My twins were not premature, they were 5lb 8oz and 6lb 6oz at birth. At 6 mos they weighed 16 to 18 lbs.

Hello K.. My daughter is 8 1/2 months old and was born 4 weeks early at 4lbs 9oz. She now only weighs 17lbs! So I think your babies are catching up quite well :-) Kylie weighed 15lbs at 6 months old just for a comparison.

happily obliging:
my little one is now 3 1/2 and weighs 35lbs and is 39.5 inches tall (a tall skinny one)
when she was 6 months old, she weighed 16lbs, and i can't exactly remember her length. She was very filled out at 16lbs and i think near the top of her percentile for weight and off the charts in length. (she has always been very long~ i am nearly 6' )

1 / 3