Weight Loss - Bethel Springs,TN

Before I got pregnant I lost 20 pounds just by diet and exercise. Well, not really dieting just by cutting back. Since my baby was born 11 months ago, I have lost 40 pounds. I only have 5 more pounds to go until I reach my pre-pregnancy weight. The problem is I can't stop eating. I have cravings like I am pregnant or pre-menstrual all the time. I know for a fact that I am not pregnant and my monthly period is like clock work. Could my hormones just be re-adjusting or something? Is this something I should see a doctor about? Does anyone have any weight loss tips?

Here are a couple foods that the weight watchers has as zero points. Try eating carrots, celery, and the whites of hard boiled eggs. Salmon has points but VERY good for filling you up. Also, I cut alcohol for lent once (I'm Catholic, it lasts 40 days) but in combination with the above and a tiny bit of excersize I lost that 'extra' ten pounds every one talks about.

Blessings,
Amanda

It doesn't sound like you are eating too much if you have lost 40 lbs. That is great!
I found when I lost weight that your body craves what it is needing. I took vitamins and continued to exercise and that seemed to help. Are you taking a good vitamin?
Also, when you get hungry, drink alot of water. I kept a bottle with about 1/4 of water in the freezer. I would get it out, add water to it and shake it really hard and I had cold cold water for hours. I used the water to fill me up.
I don't know if hormones would have anything to do with it or not. I sure hope you figure it out and settle the cravings. Sounds like you have done so well.
Good luck. I would check into the vitamins and eat more raw veggies. They have alot of vitamins and things that your body will crave if you don't get it.

The same thing happened to me with my first son. I was breastfeeding and weight just seemed to melt off me no matter what I ate. As soon as I stopped nursing the wieght came back though. The weight loss didn't happen with my second son. If your breastfeeding, that would explain the weight loss and it will prolong the hormonal adjustments. If you are nursing be sure to limit your diet again when you start weaning or the weight will come back.

are you nursing? If so, that is probably it. If not, your metabolism could be in high gear which is good. Maybe you are not eating enough fiber. Eat more filling foods and see if that helps. Drink a lot of water, that should fill you up a bit too.

what a nice problem to have...you are lucky! :o)

This will sound way off-track, but bear with me. Are you getting enough sleep? I ask because appetite and sleep are related, and with a little baby you may not have been getting enough sleep. Make sure you are; that should help your appetite diminish. Good luck!

It sounds like your body is still adjusting. But to be on the safe side I get yourself checked. It would make you feel at ease.

Have a good day
Today
Vicki W.

My suggestion would be that you get a complete physical. There are medical conditions that can cause you to lose weight and be hungry all the time. For example, having too much thyroid hormone in your system can make you lose weight and be hungry all the time. When you have too much thryoid hormone in your system it makes you metabolize food faster and that makes you hungry. All the systems in your body are also working faster and it can make your heart race, etc. Get a physical if you are concerned.

Blessings,
Amanda

if you're nursing, you need that extra weight for a while. I lost all my baby weight by nursing. It burns about 500 calories a day.

your body may need the extra cals right now. it woudnn't hurt to call the dr if you're concerned. That's what they get paid the big bucks for :)

1 / 3