Wedding Registry... How to Let People Know?

What is the PC way to let people know where you've registered? We are not sending out save the dates; we're having a very small wedding. Is this supposed to be spread by word of mouth? In the invitation?

*We're not having bridesmaids/groomsmen...

Yeah, I definately DON'T want to be like 'buy me this'... I could care less, but people kept asking about a registry... it has 6 inexpensive things on it ;) I just want people THERE!

IMO, I really don't think it's proper to every put registry info on or with a wedding invitation. Rely on word of mouth.

In the invite I would just put in the bottom 'registered at _____'.

I'm very surprised people are saying to put it on the invitation... I thought that was considered rude/tacky. Word of mouth is always the way I've seen it. Or maybe on a wedding website if you set one up. If you're having a very small wedding, it should be easy for people to just ask you or someone else going etc. Putting it on an invitation is almost like putting an entrance fee to your wedding in my opinion. Gifts aren't or shouldn't be "required".

I am a wedding coordinator and you do not put the registry information on the actual invitation. To put it on the actual invitation would not be good . Most people frame and keep their own invitation and 30 years later you do not want to see registered at Target on the actual invitation. If you like most if not all stores that have a wedding registry have insert card. Please add an insert or create a webpage with your wedding information on the knot or weddingchannel.com and place your wedding registry information there and add an insert to your wedding invitation that states for more information in regards to our wedding go to www.________ .com

Big note: Please do not ask for money or giftcards however you can register for giftcards. If you prefer money over gifts let your parents know and they can tell people your preference if they ask.

Extremely tacky to put it in the wedding invitation! Is someone hosting a bridal shower? Most appropriate for that type of invitation. Otherwise establish a wedding website and list it there or pass it around word of mouth. Most people are smart enough to ask or look you up at the major stores. Otherwise, if they are clueless you will get money or a gift card. A win win IMO.

It used to be you just didn't put that information in an invitation. Word of mouth, the maid of honor, best man could let people know. It can be included in shower invitations but not the actual wedding invitation. It's considered saying, "You're invited, buy me a gift and I want this". Not very appreciative or gracious. Things have changed, if you do include this information, make sure you can tailor the invitation to not include this information for those who would be offended by it.

Include a separate piece of paper in your wedding invitations or in your wedding shower invitations if you are having a shower.

We relied on word of mouth and the fact that most had previously been invited to a shower of some sort so they knew from that invite.

1 / 3