Wedding Dress with Cowboy Boots...

Hi ladies,

I am looking for ideas, websites, pics, blogs etc... of wedding dresses with cowboy boots worn underneath. Any thoughts? Comments? Cute? Not so cute? My fiance is from Texas however I am from waaaaay up north. He loves to hunt, he loves the out doors. We enjoy riding horses together at his family property however, I am usually in my gym shoes. He has joked that I need to get some boots. ; ) I thought it would be really cute to show up on our wedding day with "cowboy boots" on.

fyi...this is a very casual/backyard style wedding...

thanks.

Clarification...he has not asked me to wear them...it was just an idea I had after seeing a cute pic online. I just thought it would be a fun suprise.

My sister wore cowboy boots with her dress and it was fantastic! I actually wore cowboy boots and I officiated the wedding. There is nothing wrong with the look and I personally think it's great!

I'm A Texan now. Have gone to a lot of weddings where the bride puts on her boots at the reception and kicks up her heels and has a blast!
I would not wear boots to the wedding....just me.
But I would to the reception!

As a former wedding event planner and caterer, I think this would be a wonderful idea and a really great start to a marriage. Having been responsible for many "western weddings" I have seen this done many times and with it being casual,it's even more appropriate. You can have a beautiful western theme wedding and still retain the atmosphere. David Tutera did an awesome western wedding, you may want to pull up his website for ideas.

Best Wishes for your marriage! I do lots of Wedding planning and am a Native Texan.

There are a ton of Brides around Texas that do wear boots under their gowns, but most of them do not wear them for the entire reception.

If you do not already own a pair, they need to be broken in.. They are also hot.
And can be cumbersome under a large gown. Many wear them with shorter dresses and they look cute.. Of course down here we are used to seeing this, in other places, they probably look like a costume item.

I Googled Brides in Cowboy Boots.. Under "Images" Here is the link..

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=off&clien...=

I know gals who've worn white boots under their dresses. If you're in Texas, you have to be able to find a place you can at least order some.
I thought the old fashioned button up boots were really pretty and a little more feminine, but I'm sure you can find something.
I know a woman who wore jogging shoes under her dress and revealed them at the pre-wedding photos because of the "joke" about her groom having to chase her for so long. Her groom wasn't in on it until after.
Do what you think will be fun. It's your day!!!

I like it---I bet he loves it!

Blessings......

My daughter wore nice shoes to walk down the aisle, but when she walked out on the dance floor for the first dance, she picked up the front of her dress and did a little shuffle to show off her boots. They are her everyday boots that were already worn in. I wouldn't go with those white wedding boots that you would never wear again. I bet your fiance will love it!

do it, sounds adorable! I wore sparkly tennis shoes with my princess wedding dress.

here's a few (scroll down):
she had formal shoes for the ceremony and awesome boots for the reception
http://ruffledblog.com/2010/08/fun-filled-texas-wedding-w...

http://www.weddingwindow.com/blog/2010/04/29/deep-in-the-...

(you can see them just a bit in the last pic)
http://www.weddingchicks.com/wedding-chicks/featured-wedd...

Absolutely go for it! I also agree with Riley that you should get some "real" boots - nice ones, that you can also wear after the wedding. Get them in advance so you can work on breaking them in a bit before your wedding day (somewhere he won't see you obviously). I'm sure you have a ton of stores around you to go find a nice pair of boots. I'm originally from south TX and lots of my cousins got married with boots under there dress, the guys where nice boots too and also maybe a nice black cowboy hat and a bollo tie. If you haven't choosen a dress yet, try to take it into consideration and maybe get one that has more of that Western/TX/cowgirl feel.

But I would to the reception!

1 / 3