Weak Positive Pregnancy Test (Help!)

I am currently 5 days late in my cycle and have taken 3 pregnancy test, last one being this morning. All three have been very weak positives. I read on-line that that could indicate an ectopic pregnancy. I am going to see my OB next week, but was wanting to see if this had happened to anyone else, if so did it turn out to be ectopic? I have been pregnant before and that test was very positive the first day I was late. Thanks for any help or advise...

I too was late and knew I was pregnant in my heart, with my second child. I took five pregnancy test all came back negative, two different brand & days and weeks apart and still negative. Even though i was tired and felt the symptoms of being pregnant. Did not get confirmation until I went to my gynecologist, that's when I tested positive. I had a great pregnancy, baby was born healthy. So don't think negative. That test does not necessarily mean an ectopic pregnancy. Good luck.

I had weak positives with my last pregnancy on three different tests. My daughter is 2 1/2 now. That was the only pregnancy I had a weak positive for as well. Good luck to you.

I had a blood test done at the Dr. to confirm my pregnancy. They will get a number instead of a line and be able to tell you if it is within a normal range. If your hormone number is low, they can do another blood test in a couple of days to make sure it is increasing at the proper rate. Good luck!

The test may be weak positive just because you are so early in you pregnancy. Do you have pain or other reasons to worry about ectopic pregnancy like tubal reveral or history of pelvic infection? If not them the test will get stronger over time as your HCG level rises as the baby grows

When I was pregnant with my son I took 5 tests that ALL showed Negative.... I had a physical exam at the obgyn and he even said that he didn't think I was pregnant. When you are pregnant the walls of your uterus change color....in this case the doctor didn't see any change.

At my insistance, they drew blood and did a blood test.

My son is now 22.

You cannot rely on pregnancy tests bought over the counter.... You know your own body.... If you have a strong feeling that you are pregnant....you probly are.

The best advice is...... GO TO THE DOCTOR.

Hi Jessica, after 2 healthy pregnancies (with solid lines when I was late), I also got a faint positive test when my period was late. I took like 7 tests, they were all faint. About a week later, I started my period. This happened to me 2 times. I thought I was pregnant, but a week later, I would start cramping and then start my period. They did bloodwork both times, and the hcg levels were not going up. I never got a concrete response if I miscarried or not.
Now, 3 weeks ago, I was late again, took a pregnancy test, and to my suprise I had a very bright positive line. The pregnancy was confirmed through bloodwork, and now I am 6 weeks pregnant.
My advice to you is, call your doctor and ask for bloodwork to check your HCG levels. They should check the levels twice, and they are supposed to at least double. That way you'll know for sure. Good luck!

I would go to a lab to have a blood hcg level pregnancy test done before you go to the doctor next week. (You will need a prescription from the doctor or the doctors office can call the lab with verbal orders). Then at your appt. have the doctor's office do it again-that way you will be able to compare and see if the numbers are rising or falling. My weak tests did result in a miscarriage-my report said "possible ectopic". But so many women have written you that had weak tests and now have a beautiful child as a result! So I would just get things checked sooner than later so you do not have to go so long being uncertain.
Mary V.

Not always! With both my (healthy) babies I got a very faint line a week or more after my missed period.

Hi- the same thing is happening to me so I hope it does not mean ectopic pregnancy! With my first child, the pregnancy test turned very positive right away. And just last week, I took two pregnancy tests after being a few days late- and they were both very weak. I mentioned this to my ob office on the phone and she just said I was still really early. My appt to confirm is still 2 weeks away.

1 / 3