We Have Stuffed Animals to Donate

My wonderful daughter has decided to pare down her overload of stuffed animals. She wanted to donate them to Children's Mercy, but they can only accept brand new items (understandably). These are all like-new. Most are either Build-A-Bear or Webkins. She's even giving up her 2 American Girl dolls. She's also donating clothing for these items. Can any of you recommend a good charitable organization that would put all of this to good use? We're not really interested in an organization that would sell these for profit, but rather would dole these out to children in need, or who are in crisis. Thanks very much.

Thanks to everyone for all of your wonderful ideas. The toys are now at Synergy in Parkville. The next round will go to our local police station. What a wonderful resource group all of you are. Thank you again.

If you aren't able to find anywhere else, I would recommend donating them to a senior center. They really like hugging the stuffed animals or giving them to grandchildren that come by to visit. The activities/ recreation department will accept them and they will be used for Bingo prizes. I know it sounds a little unorthadox, but seniors really appreciate them.

Oooops, guess I'm too late for suggestions, but want to say you are blessed to have a giving, caring child. Kudos to you on raising her.

Try Hope House. It is a domestic violence shleter and many of the children that enter it come with nothing but the clothes on their back.

the second week in november I believe it is, Stanly Steamer collects stuffed animals from anywhere they can get them, cleans them, then takes them downtown for "Santa" to give to underpriviledged children! I have been sending animals with them for about 8 years! Call them for drop off points or you can bring them to Marquette High School (in chesterfield where I teach) and we will get them sent off.

your daughter is doing a very nice thng!
CK

There is an Army program which accepts stuffed animals. The military personnel use the stuffed animals to befriend Iraqi children. Please visit http://www.freewebs.com/arkansasmissourisafe/beaniesforba... There are most likey other web sites too. Thank you.

Maybe a crisis nursery or shelter for battered women/children? I don't know what you have in KC, but you might try contacting DFS...? Maybe even DFS themselves (for children going into foster care???)

I don't know of any cheritable organizations, but we give our stuffed animals to the Police Department.
When a child has to be removed from their home & they have to leave with only the clothes they are wearing the Police give the child a stuffed animal. Some of these kids are removed because they live in a Meth house & the house has to be destroyed with everything in it. The stuffed animal that the Police give them is their only possesion. I'm not sure if the Fire Department has the same type of program or if the stuffed animals have to be new. Call your Police & Fire Departments to see if they have this program.

It is a beautiful thing she is doing to help children in need!
God Bless!

How about donate them to the Fun-Run business? They don't sell the toys. All of their rooms have been done up as "GREEN" as possible recycling used food boxes for the grocery store, using used medical equipment for the doctors office playroom they have. I forgot, they have a room that is like a pet store. The stuffed animals would be great. They also have a toddler room that they might want stuffed animals in and the room that is a playhouse would be good too. This couple has put everything they have into starting this business. I'm sure they would appreciate any help they could get.

Synergy in Parkville is a domestic violence shelter. The women and children there sometimes only get out with the clothes on their backs - any donations I'm sure would be greatly appreciated!

I have someone else who has stuffed animals to donate also. She wants to send them with my husband who is leaving for Iraq. I'm checking into that... Let me know if you are interested in donating to the Iraqi children.
Thank you!

1 / 3