Waterproof Mattress Pad That Doesn't Make You Sweat?

My son is always covered in sweat while sleeping. I always thought it was because he insists on sleeping under a heavy comforter but last night my husband slept one of the bunk beds and said he was covered in sweat too. So now we think it is the waterproof mattress pad. My son definitely needs the waterproof pad because he still has accidents. Does anyone have recommendations on what we can do to reduce the sweating? I don't know whether to look for a higher quality waterproof pad (I have the cheap one from Walmart) or to buy a regular mattress pad to put on top of it.

We put the mattress protector on then put a cheap(dorm) down alternative pad down. Fluffed up the bed and made it way more comfy and while 1 extra piece to wash it is bleachable and easier to use her bed when guests stayed over as it felt more comfy to sleep on.

If it's plasticy, it will just make one sweat profusely while sleeping. My mom gave us one and it was terrible/garbage. I bought mattress pads at Kohl's that are comfortable like a regular mattress pad but waterproof as well. The waterproof works as my kids have had accidents using them and they protect the mattress well! And they are very comfortable to sleep on. We use the same type on our bed. I got when we got a dog for protecting the mattress. I want to say they were about $30 each, but well worth it. :) They often have sales and can use percentage off deals at Kohl's to help with cost. I worked up to having 2 for each bed so one can be in the laundry leaving the beds always protected :)

The waterproof pads that they sell with Tempurpedic mattresses don't make you sweaty. You can get one anywhere they sell Tempurpedic.

We got one at Target when I was pregnant (and worried about my water breaking in the middle of the night). It's more fabric feeling and did not make me sweat.

This one works great for our DD's bed. None of us ever wake up sweating from it. http://www.bedinabox.com/product/147.html

We've been using it for over a year now and it's worked just fine with accidents (critical since we have a memory foam mattress).

The company is fantastic to work with and gets you stuff quick. We've bought several things from them and very happy!

H.

Naturepedic has great mattress pads and covers, but they're on the expensive side.

Do you have one that completely wraps the mattress? Or what that is like a sheet and covers just the top?

The ones that wrap with a zipper DO make the bed hot. We use the ones that are like sheets, got them at Walmart and Target. My kids do tend to say that they are hot but removing a blanket or two usually does the trick.

I got an inexpensive one from Target. It looks like a regular mattress pad with a waterproof layer under a layer of fabric. It was under $10. Maybe it isn't cold enough for a heavy winter comforter? My kids kick everything off but maybe a cotton blanket until it is colder would work. I have gotten the cotton waffle texture blankets at Marshalls for a decent price.

1 / 3