Water on Testicles

my newborn went for his two week checkup and the doctor said that there is water on his testicles. I was just wondering if anyone was have heard of this and if it goes away? Also if it does not go way what will the doctor's do about it?

Water? or sweat? What did the Doctor say it was?

My son had this as well. The Dr. said most of the time it will go away on its own, if not they would do surgery. I think she said if it didn't go away by the time he was 1 they would do surgery. His was gone by his 6 month check up.
I would worry about it.

My newborn son had this as well. The doctor didn't seem alarmed about it, so I didn't feel like it was too big of a deal. When he went for his 1 month check up, the Dr. said he still had a little water, but nothing to worry about. I guess I just assume that it will go away on its own. We will see what he says at his 2 month check up in a couple of weeks. It sounds like it is pretty normal.

I have a friend whose son had fluid build up in his testicles when they descended after birth. Her pediatrician sent him to a urologist in Indianapolis. I'm not sure what the treatment was, but depending on your dr's suggestion and the severeness of the case you might want to get it checked out by someone who specializes in that field.
Good luck and congrats on your new baby boy!

Hello.. I had a c section and my little one had the same thing at this check up. The doctor said it usually goes away by 6 months. At his 2 month and 4 month check ups they still had water... My mom who watches him would always say they are going down but when I could never tell. He had his 6 month check up a few weeks ago and the Dr said they were fine, right where they should be... I wouldn't worry about it! Hope this helps

My son (born last April) had this as well. The doctor was not concerned and we did not have to do any treatment for it. It went away after a few months. I actually forgot about it until I read your post! I believe that in most cases it just goes away on its own. Don't worry!

1 / 3