Water Activities for Backyard Water Party

We are having a backyard water party for our 8 year old. What are some great games to play using water? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

You could set up a slip and slide and other fun water toys etc.

As fars as games try hotpotoes with water filled balloons and water gun hot games. Make a target and see who hits it.

We are doing the same for my sons bday but he is only 3! But I am even setting up a small pool for some babies that may come so they can have a small pool area with some small water toys from the dollar store.

At Walmart they have the run&slide game, I'm going to get it for our son this summer. It looks fun. Its a long plastic roll out that you attach a hose to and it puts out water and the kids run and slide on it.
You could also do water balloons, thats fun too.

We played this for our family reunion and it went well. You will need tissue paper, duct tape, water guns and a bucket.

Bucket for refills of the water guns. Tape a piece of tissue paper, 4x4 or 6x6 onto the front of the kids shirts. They have to shoot water at the paper on each other. when their paper falls off they are out. Last kid standing wins. It works if you just put a little piece of tape in the top 2 corners.

Have fun,
R.
www.roxannebruce.pureromance.com

I am thinking of doing the same for my son who will be two in July. He teenage aunts so I want some things good for all ages. I will probably get a variety of water guns, turn on the sprinkler, fill water balloons and put up a volleyball net for water balloon volleyball, get a tub and put all kinds of measuring cups pitchers etc for free water play for the kids. Those are some of the things I am thinking, I am excited to see what other ideas you get on here!

water slides and water pistols are always a hit.

Get water bottles and use them as pins and bowl. You can add food color to make it look intresting.

Waterballons were a hit at my sons 7th b-day. They can toss them in a circle instead of hot potatoe, they can pair up and slowly move back playing catch till one of them drop it and they can have a water ballon fight at the end.

Try www.birthdaypartyideas.com. There are tons of great ideas there! Have fun!

1 / 3