Washing Stuffed Animals

My friend gave me a bag full of stuffed animals. The only problem is I would like to wash them before I give them to my son. Does anyone know how to wash a stuffed animal?

I forgot to update this. I tried to wash them with a pillowcase, but I couldn't keep the pillowcase shut. So then I just threw them in. Only one came undone. I think it was just not sewn very well. I let the ones that looked like they could melt air dry. THe others I put in the dryer.

When I wash my kids stuffed animals I put them in the washer like anything else and wash on a genle cycle unless they are stuffed with beans or have a music box in them. When my daughter was small she has a stuffed bunny with a music box. It got so dirty and stinky I finally picked the stitches, took out the music box, put in more stuffing and sewed it back up. washing it was the best thing I could have done. If the stuffed animals are small you might want to buy a mesh zipper bag and put them in it. Dry as usual. I also throw my brushes and combs in the wash sometimes.

I just put them in the wash machine with warm water and a LITTLE soap. Then either let them dry or put them in the dryer on tumbler dry low heat.

I too would wash stuffed animals coming from another home. I have just thrown them in the washer and dryer with towels before and they have been fine. I would make sure that there are no loose eyes or threads to be sure that they do not fall apart, but I have not had any problems washing them myself. Good luck!

wash them in the washer, gentle, warm or cold dry in the dryer on low. Most will survive but if they fall apart have you lost anything really? (Only the landfill space.)

I just washed a whole bunch of mine all I did was put them in the washer on the gentle cycle with just a little bit of soap and I didnt dry them but you can also on the gentle cycle

I have just thrown them in the washer and dryer too. It doesn't seem to hurt them at all.

You can put it in a pillowcase or a lingerie bag and wash/dry on delicate. I do it all the time!

when i wash stuffed animals I put them in a pillow case and tie the end of it and then put the washing machine on cold gentle cycle and they usually come out fine. I let them air dry. I do this becuase if the stuffed animal comes lose or gets a hole all of it is in the pillow case rather than your washing machine.

if you put them in a pillowcase and tie it off, it works great!

1 / 3