Washing Machine Stains

I seem to be having some problems with my washing machine. Everytime I wash and dry our clothes, a lot of them come out with weird stains on them. To me, the stains look like chapstick was put through the cycle. I check the clothes before hand and get out any stain I can and make sure nothing is in the pockets. Has anyone had this problem? If so, what did you do? I don't think they are all that old. I would say 5 years maybe 6. Any help would be great.

so are the stains oily? if not, are they from the dryer? we had a front load dryer and the clothes were getting caught in the rubber area near the door and a stain was being left. We had this rubber piece replaced and that fixed the problem. That is all I can think of. Hope this helps.

Check the inside of the washer drum - there may be gum or some other gunk stuck to the wall and is is slowly seeping when the warmth of the water hits it.

I had the same thing happen but only noticed with the white loads. Brand new LG front load machines! I had LG service come out and they replaced the drum (but it still is happening).
What they recommended is to clean the drum with vinegar on a HOT (tub clean) cycle, monthly. LG also recommends to use very little soap and dilute downy if you use it. The problem is buildup behind the drum where you cannot see it.

I had the same problem, and determined it was the dryer causing it. I found that reducing the amount of clothes in the dryer helped.

Unfortunately I don't have an answer but I am having the same problem with my clothes. It's so horrible too because it's only with my clothes. I keep getting white or blue marks and its not the soap b/c I tried changing my soap and that doesn't stop it. I have figured that maybe it might be my clothes. My washers are only 2 years old as well.

Try running an empty load through with some vinegar and oxy clean. What detergent are you using? Maybe it's connected?

Is there something stuck inside the washer or dryer? I had weird stains once when the dryer had gum stuck to the inside of the drum.
W. M.

it sounds like it's the fabric softener. If you use liquid sometimes it can leave deposits. try getting a dispenser of some sort and see if that helps.

To remove the current stains, a little spray and wash in a cycle with no liquid softener should do the trick. For the lady with the white t-shirts ... same thing but with bleach.

If you use dryer sheets ... I'm not sure what it could be.

I am not sure what could be causing these stains. You could try running a full wash cycle (with no clothes) using the hottest water and a cup of bleach.

1 / 3