Washing Dry Cleanables at Home

I have 3 pairs of pants that say dry clean only. Two are made of rayon & polyester and the other is wool. I am looking for tips on washing them at home. I did a quick search on the products you can use in your dryer but all had negative reviews so I am a little leery of those.

I have used dryel and never had a problem. I really thought it did a good job, you can buy an all in one kit, you can pre treat spots and it was a fraction of the cost that dry cleaning is.

I have to wear suits to work and they are dry clean only. But since I change as soon as i get home, I don't get them very dirty. If I spill something bad, they go to the cleaner. But usually they only go once a month and I wear them every week (cannot afford a ton of suits). I use dryel for my clothes and it works really well at getting out the wrinkles and small spots. It is much cheaper than taking to the cleaner. For pants, I would check the knees and cuffs to make sure you did not get anything on them and rub with the cloth if needed. They also make a dryel spray i found at Walmart so I spray the cloths also. I would NOT put wool pants in water since they can easily lose their shape and shrink.

I have used Dryel for years no issues.

My understanding is if it says "dry clean" you can probably safely hand/gentle wash. If it says "dry clean ONLY" then Dryel or to the dry cleaner.

1 / 3