Washing Baby Clothes

I was wondering at what age can I start washing my daughters clothes along with ours? And when can I stop using special detergent to wash her clothes and bed lignen?
Many thanks!

Thanks for all your advices, they really helped me! I am now washing her clothes with ours, and it's working well!

I never washed my son's clothes separately. We always used BioKleen or Trader Joe's detergent, which are gentle but very effective.

NEVER wash seperate.... you have enuff to do.... throw it all in together with a free and clear detergent.... both my kids were fine!

With my first daughter I used Dreft for a year but washed her clothes with mine. I washed hers alone for about 1 month. With my second daughter I used dreft for 1 month with and washed it with everyone's clothes. I stopped after that b/c it was to hard to keep everthing separate. She had no reaction. I think you would be fine.

I washed my youngest's clothes in the baby detergent for about two weeks and then she started breaking out in a rash. I asked a friend of mind, who is a pediatric nurse, and she told me that the baby detergents are full of oils to make them smell nice. From then on I washed her stuff with the rest of the family's in All Free & Clear and we have not had aproblem since. I would go ahead and wash it all together. I am sure it would save you a few loads a week. By now you would know if whe was going to have a problem with your detergent just by you holding her and her coming in contact with your bedding and towels.

This is what happens as you have more kids:

Child 1: Wash clothes separately with "baby" detergent for 18 months.

Child 2: Wash clothes separately with regular detergent for 6 months. (It's a mystery to me why I did this; I had read sometime between kids 1 & 2 that special detergents were no less offensive than regular ones, but why did I wash separately?)

Child 3: Wash clothes with everybody eles's.

If you have more kids you will notice that this happens to all aspects of life: to what they eat, what toys they play with, what they read, watching tv, etc, etc.

Everybody is fine, and I'm only killing myself for the extra work I gave myself at a moment of my life when I least needed it.

I always washed baby and child clothes in with everything else - never occurred to me not to! It never caused any problems at all.

(Smile) When your tried of washing them by themselves :-)

Seriously I know there are many comments all ready. I washed them separately for a long time simply so the little things didn;t get lost in Daddy's shirt. But we used the same soaps along with teh spray and wash stick to get out the stains.

I started using regular detergent by the time they were a year. My second child I believe was only seven months. My son is now nine months and we still use free and clear b/c he's got a lot of allergies. ALL makes a much less expensive version of Dreft. If your daughter doesn't seem to be sensitive there's no reason to keep using the other stuff.

my daughter was about 9-10 months old when i accidently washed one of her shirts in with our clothes and put it on her and then realized that it smelled like ours. she never had a reaction to it so i started her clothes with our. i would try the same with yours, if she dosnt get bumps from the detergent, i would start. she is over one so she should be "tough enough". good luck, and enjoy saving the money from only buying one soap.

I don't know if this makes me a poor mommy or not, but I've washed my kids clothes along with ours since day 1. I've never had any rash issues or anything with the kids. I suppose if your baby has very sensitive skin you may want to be careful.

1 / 3