Warming Vitamin D Milk in the microwave......is This Safe?

Hi Moms,

I was wondering if it's ok and safe to give my son warm milk (Vitamin D Cows milk) heated up in the microwave. When you google the same question I'm asking, studies seem to show this is really bad to do and kills all of the vitamins in the milk. I'm only heating it up for him before night time because he likes a warm cup of milk before bed time and I never make it hot, just warm.
Does anyone know if this is perfectly safe or am I giving him a cup of warm milk without any vitamins??
Thanks to all for any advice.

I'm not sure about the vitamin part, but the only reason I wouldn't put something like that in the microwave is risk of burns b/c the microwave doesn't heat evenly. Good luck.

Sounds to me like you are asking two different questions here. Is it safe - sure, it won't hurt him. But would he get the usual health benefits (vitamins) from the milk? Maybe not. Still, I would go ahead. A kid that age loves his security and consistency. If a glass or warmed milk makes him happy, then go for it. It's not like you're giving him a beer - or even a soda! Just continue to be super careful not to over heat it and give it a good shake or stir before handing it over to him.

I have been heating my kids milk in the microwave for ever... I never have had any problems. Im sure once a day wont hurt.

A. J

How about heating up some water in the microwave in a measuring cup and then put the bottle in the cup to take the chill off? That would help keep the vitamin without burning the milk properties. The other S..

1 / 3