Warming Cold Breast Milk While on the Go

What have other moms found is the best way to warm a bottle of cold breast milk while you are not at home. I am watching a baby who will only drink her bottle if it is warm. While we are at home, I just put the bottle in hot water. While we are out, I am not always able to get a cup of really hot water to warm the bottle. Are there any good products, or tips, that will warm her bottle when he are not home. I carry the bottle in an insulated bag to keep it cold. So, it is pretty cold before I need to heat it up. Thanks!!

You can do one of two things, buy a bottle warmer for the car, or buy a thermos (like someone would use for coffee on the road) to store hot water.

just hold the bottle in your armpit for a while & it will get close to body temp pretty quick!

One lady suggested putting it under your arm pit. Good idea. I know of a couple of ladies that put the small bottles in their bra between their breasts. They say when the bottle quits being cold or cool then its the right temp for their baby. One lady puts the bottle next to her baby when she has him in a carrier and the baby warms it up.

Alot of times you can get a cup of hot water from most eating establishments....if they require you pay for it you can order hot tea and just throw away the tea part. I have used bottle warmers in the car too but didn't work real well. Most of the time I didn't have a problem cause it was from the tap. But, breastmilk does last quite a while at room temperature, so if you are going to go out and it is really just a short trip I wouldn't put it in an insulated container, just let it warm up on it's own. The only time you have to worry is if you are not sure the baby is going to need the milk and it's frozen, cause then if you thaw it and don't use it....it's not good anymore.
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/2/t026900.asp#T026901

Check walmart target or babies r us. There is a bottle warmer that plugs into the cigarette lighter. It takes a few minutes to get the bottle warm so it's perfect for the boob-juice. Save my rear countless times on cross country trips.

I used to boil water in the microwave, then pour it into a metal coffee thermos. Then when I needed it, I poured out some of the hot water into a container, and plopped in the milk bottle. It worked great.

There are bottle warmers for the car. I've seen them online at Walmart.com and Amazon.com.

I carried styrofoam cups in my diaper bag for warming bottles of breastmilk. My favorite ones were McDonald's McCafe cups that I washed and reused. Almost any restaurant/fast food place has a coffee maker, which means they have a HOT water tap on their coffee maker for tea drinkers. Just ask for half your cup full of hot water from the coffee maker and it will only take a minute or so to get the milk hot even from frozen.

1 / 3