Want to Donate Car Seat and Stroller

I would like to donate a used but very nice car seat and stroller to a shelter or pregnancy center, but I am having trouble finding one. A lot of places won't take the car seat due to liability issues, but I think there are some places that will take them, especially for emergency situations. It is clean and in good condition. My only qualification is that I won't give it to a center funded by pro-life money, and so far that's the only place I found that will take them. Does anyone know where I might be able to donate a well-loved stroller and car seat?

Capitol Hill Crisis Pregnancy Center in DC. They were great to me when I was pregnant and I always give back to them ONLY. They are great...you should try them.

Their number is ###-###-####.

What about listing it on craigslist or yahoo/freecycle?

We acutally need an extra carseat for our 16-month-old daugther. We can pick it up if you are ok to give it to us. Thanks, S. ###-###-####

check out freecycle.org for your area. someone would love to use it and they will pick it up.

good for you.

I am a foster, adoptive mother and I believe that many of the States social services might take them. Not sure where you live but try to find the local Department of Social Services, Foster Care programs.

You might want to consider donating it to a charity run thrift store. I know there is one in my neighborhood in Alexandria/Fairfax (Sherwood Hall Lane), of which proceeds support the Veterans of Foreign Wars. The people who shop there are low income Latinos and African Americans in nearborhoods down Rt. 1. I'm sure your items would be put to good use by someone who could really use them. K.

Their number is ###-###-####.

have you tried the Fire stations or the health dept??? i know some places do take used car seats and strollers too. at least in my hometown they did that,

You may be able to call a hospital in a less fortunate area and see if they have any patients that may need the seat.

1 / 3