Vomiting Blood and Watery Diarrhea

my 5 yr old daughter woke up at 5 this morning vomiting...i thought it was just the amount of candy that they had yesterday at their school vday parties. cleaned her up she went back down to sleep...20 min later up again this time with bloody clots of mucus...shes had a cough that shes had a hard time getting rid of... again cleaned her up back down she went..20 min later same thimg and the diarrea started. put her in shower and now shes sleeping propped up..

ladies thank u.. i kept her in fluids and kept her down all day. i cleaned her room later and there was a ton of candy wrappers and half eaten candy so i deduced she had eaten too much sweet stuff. her stomach cant handle a lot of sweets. the bloody mucus was from her coughing..it was bright red...she is doing much better. thank u to everyone who replied.

Might try giving her peppermint tea. Peppermint helps ease the nausea and the tea will help keep her hydrated. Put honey in it if you have to. Honey has great properties anyway. She could drink it cold or hot, depending on her preference.

Abbie (6) has been drinking green tea and all types of tea since she was three. Tea has a lot of great properties. Different teas have different properties and amounts of caffeine, which is FAR less than coffee. White tea has the least amount of caffeine.

GET HER TO HOSPITAL! Blood is not a sign any child should have and with the other - is downright dangerous! Please keep us updated on how she is.

Hi V.,

I don't know what your daughter has, but if there's blood involved, I would make sure she's drinking fluids (pedialite) and take her to the doctor or ER if the pediatritian is not availble.

Even if the blood is not coming from her stomach..the lungs are just as serious. I would still let her doc know. I wouldn't ignore the fact that there was blood. Even if she's feeling better. What if next time it's worse or something is going on and you didn't have it checked because she seemed to be doing better. You'd feel guilty..let her doc decide if its something to worry about or not..

I am not a paranoid Mom... as we have 5 kids... but blood, especially bloody clots of mucus, doesn't sound normal. I agree with everyone else. Have her seen today by a doctor!

Sounds scary! I would definitely get her to the doc quickly. I hope everything turns out okay....

I you have already taken action, but here's my opinion anyway. If you live in an are with a "Call-A-Nurse" hotline, call right away. If not, I would take her to the emergency room. Vomiting blood is not normal with anything. Good luch and I hope everything turns out ok.

I have to agree with everyone else on this one. When there is blood involved then there is something serious going on.
She need to go to the E.R ASAP. Please update us on how she is doing and your daughter is in my prayers.

1 / 3