Tween Vitamins

Can anyone recommend a vitamin for my 10 and 13 year old girls? My 10 year old eats well and will try anything, but has a very pale complexion. My 13 year old is beautiful and is very active but doesn't eat very well. She will eat dinner and is not allowed to leave the table without eating her veggies, which thank God both girls do eat vegetables, but is that enough?

Hi D.,
I give my son L'il Critters Gummy Vites. They have no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives and my son loves them.

Have the girls get a check and routine blood work done. If they're lacking anything specific the doc can tell you. Meanwhile, the 10 year old can still do a Flintstone Complete. The 13 year old can now use a new vitamin that is out specifically for teens. They have one for girls and one for boys. My 13 year old son takes the teen boys version. Teen bodies are going through some crazy changes and these are specific to them since many teens are picky eaters, eating like crazy one minute, then not a thing the next. My son used to eat very well until he started going into puberty a couple years ago and now there's most days where he's just not hungry, although he's active and needs that food for energy in his body. Then he burst in one day starving, then back to the "I'm not hungry" thing. My older son was the same way, up and down. Try the teen vitamins for girls.

K. B
mom to 5 including triplets

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HarrisburgPAChat
Chat and events, within 2 hour radius

Flintstone vitamins with iron. They are the best my friend
is 40yo and she still takes them. My daughter who is expecting
also has to take them she can not take the prenatal that they
prescribe her doctor recommends 2 tablets per day.

AWESOME WORK forcing the vegetables. The theory is that vitamins MAY fill in the blanks (supplement) some missing nutrients from real food. No one really knows how much good they do, and they definitely do NOT replace the need for getting nutrition directly from food.
People need all their protein, vitamins, nutrients, carbs, natural sugars(fruit), and good natural fats from a balanced diet for brain and body development. Adding vitamins doesn't hurt, but keep up the good work with the real food. Some kids don't eat much, so make sure it's all good food!

If they swallow pills - One A Day has a teen Advantage multivitamin that I saw in the store for the first time recently.

i get my vitamins from purtan pride. They are cocoa flavored chewable. There website is purtanpride.com. They have different sales buy 1 get one buy 2 get 3 and 70 percent off.
The shipping is not much either.

Why not just give them each a Flintstones vitamin every day? I've heard they are good -- even for adults.

1 / 3