Vinegar in the Rinse Cycle?

I recently read an article about potentially, unhealthy, carcinogenic material in dryer sheets. The article recommended using vinegar in the rinse cycle instead. Does anyone know if it should be white vinegar or another type? Anybody use this method? And do you like it better than the dryer sheets?

It works! My neighbor across the street uses this method. She uses white distilled vinegar. She said she was a little hesitant at first to use it because she was afraid her clothes would stink like vinegar....but she tried it and she doesn't stink! Her clothes smell just fine.

Regular white vinegar. I personally use reuseable dryer sheets, that work well on natural fibers. Which is something I am making an effort do do more. Synthetics are generally the culprit for static in the dryer.

Vinegar is also great for cleaning a drain. Pour some baking soda down the drain, let it set a minute and then slowly pour vinegar down the drain. It's a cool science project if you've never mixed the two. Bubbles and fizzes.

That combo is also great for cleaning stained pots and pans.

Things (bad chemicals) do get through the skin though it is our first defense. check your wash soap also

use white vinegar and i either use that or baking soda in the wash all the time I like the results. dont like better than dryer sheet but works with my allergies better also you could use a small amount of downy on a wash rag.

White vinegar is the answer. I use this. Vinegar helps to get out left over detergent residue as well. Vinegar rinse can used on your hair too for the same reason. D.

Yes, that's true. Conventional dryer sheets are full of toxic chemicals that can have negative effects on your health. A much easier and less stinky solution: Shaklee's dryer sheets. They are unscented and non-toxic. Plus, after you use them, they're are completely recycleable! So, they're good for the earth too. Check them out at www.greennutrition.info. You an also register to win $200 of free products at www.freegreenproducts.info.

Seventh Generation makes a great dryer sheet that is all natural. It is a funny brown color, but it works well. Also, it won't have any fragrance like the chemical artificial dryer sheets which took me awhile to get used to. The only stores I have seen them at are Mothers, Henrys, and Whole Foods Market. The article you read is true.

I add white vinegar and baking soda at the beginning of the wash with LESS laundry detergent. My whites are whiter then ever (and brights are brighter) and since I live in a very hard water area I was having to replace our white about every few months. Now I can keep them for MUCH longer (I have been doing this for 8 months and haven't had to replace any yet!). It also removes hard water spots from counters, mirrors, glasses... and NO HARMFUL ANYTHING!!!

1 / 3