Vicks on Feet to Help Cough?

I have broncitis and havn't been ableto sleep for days now b-c of cough. I have tried robitussin and mucinex and nothing worked. Someone told me to get vicks andrub iton the bottom of my feet and put socks on. Has anyone ever heard of this and does it work?

Ok so I tried it and it didn't work for me so I called my Dr and he called mein two different kinds of cough meds and they seem to be helping. I stick to the robitussin during the day though because the rx makes me tired and the kids try to take over.

I know it sounds wierd, I though so too when I first heard about it. But it works! I do it now everytime me or one of my kids have a cough.

OMG, I laughed at this for sooo long, and last winter my youngest had a horrible cough and congestion that would NOT QUIT. My neighbor who I feel is the mother's version of Oprah, told me to do it. It worked! Still works!
Try it.

Yes it Works! On the bottom of your feet and between your toes. You can do it during the day and when you go to sleep.

I do it on my kids and myself when we have coughs and it works! I like to do it only at bedtime as it does feel really wierd to have something on your feet without rubbing it in. I like to put a real thick layer on and then put some socks on their feet to make less of a mess. If you are having such a hard time, I would try it. I also continue to put the vicks on their chest and back. Good luck and I hope you feel better.
J.--SAHM of 7

I have not tried it on myself but it works like a charm for my kids!

Yes I've done it and it works for me. Also a humidifier works wonders. I have the Vicks and you can add the Vapor liquid to the water.

My friend rubs the Vicks cream all over her neck and chest which she says is the only way it works for her.

A spoonful of honey during the night helps too but I'm not sure if it will for a bronchitis cough.

Hope you feel better soon!

It works for my kids. I would agree - get a humidifier for your room as well! Hope you feel better soon.

Works for us!

I avoid meds bc I think they are unnecessary most of the time, but if your cough is concerning or has persisted for several days, it can't hurt to have a dr or chiro listen to your chest and be sure there is no fluid in the lungs. You don't want to mess w/pneumonia.

No clue if it actually works or if it’s psychological but I do it every time I’m sick and every time my son is sick and we always get a better sleep. I like it best with really thick warm socks—like the fuzzy slipper socks that they sell everywhere during the winter. Try it!

1 / 3