Verizon FIOS (Good or Bad)

My husband and I are thinking about getting Verizon FIOS service. My husband is all for it and I have heard some bad stories and am a little reluctant. If you have FIOS service please let me know how you feel about it. Would you recommend it to anyone? I am just not sure. The people that I talk to say they are waiting for one more thing and then they are gone. Then Verizon made front page this morning and that did not help at all with my husbands cause.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thank You,

E.

I want to thank all of you for your input on FIOS. I placed an order through my friend who is a Personal Account Manager (PAM) for them. This way I get the instant Refer A Friend $100 credit off my first month bill and also the camera/$200 promo and all the perks. Brighthouse does not give that and I get my very own PAM. What's not to love.

I just want to thank all of you. I hope I will love FIOS as you all have.

Thank Again,

E.

We have had verizon fios for almost a year and never had any problems with it at all.

Hope this helps

Dawn

We got FIOS in November and love it! We had Brighthouse and the bill just kept going up month after month so we switched. We already had Verizon internet and home phone service so it seemed like the logical choice. We like the channel setup much better and we have 3 boxed now instead of just one. My son's computer is super fast since the upgrade and we've not had any problems with the service at all. I'm sorry we waited so long to switch. Change is scary but not always bad.

I would never recommend it. They have no reason to keep you happy since they require you to sign a contract for 2 years. I tried it for 15 days and didn't think it was all it was crakced up to be so I switched back to Brighthouse.

My husband works for verizon, installs FIOS fiber, he scoop, the product can't be matched in quality, regardless of what any other company says. However, the customer service end of things can be a pain. Customers aren't always the top priority and that peeves him, cause with out customers there is no business right??!?. But its about the bottom line. Verizon can be tough, because their customer service isn't always great, but over all, their products are hard to beat.

We have had FIOS now for almost a year. Other than a few minor issues and i major issue we really like it. The minor issue was the reps that work at the kiosk in best buy (where we signed up) dont know much about the system and can mislead you if you have specific questions. The major issue is that we also have the bose surround sound system and after many replacement boxes from verizon and an entirely new bose system, verizon told us that the bose might be to advanced for the verizon cable box but they are working on the issue. Other than that we have a sony surround system and everything is great. (I think bose is over rated anyway and would never buy another one). Other than that we have never had a problem with the bill or customer service. The reps are very knowledgable and are helpful. We used to have comcast so anything would have been an improvement. By the way to all you bright house subscribers all you have to do regarding you bill with them is call and ask what promotions they are offering and they will switch you to a lower price. We had everything they offered and only paid 120.00 a month.

I have had FIOS since october 2007 I am enjoying TV, Telephone, and wireless internet service. I read the article yesturday also and have to concur that I cringe whenever I have to call them the customer service is horrible. So basically they have a great product but if anything goes wrong you have a problem in resolving the issue. One moe thing the $99.00 is quite deceiving I was told that I was signing up for the triple package and it would cost me 99.00 my bills are more like 160.00 per month they charge you for everything in addition to the 99.00 and it adds up substantially to the bill. I am hoping someone comes out with an equivalent package so I could change. If you do decide to go with them get someone you know that has it to recommend you they will give I beleive 100.00 credit to both parties and this will help with all those other fees they are charging.

V.

I have FIOS Internet and I LOVE it - I have done it all Brighthouse, DSL, etc.. and this is the BEST - Service can be an issue but the tech that came out to our home was wonderful - I try not to have to call in for service and if I do I try to make sure that I can take the time to wait.

I recommend it to everyone that I know.

As for phone service I use Verizon's Voicewing which is not FIOS per say but it is their verison of Vonage.

I am to have fious tv installed today 5/11/2013

Hi E.!
We were one of the first communities to get FIOS. We LOVE it! We have never had a problem with customer service or technicians. The techs went above and beyond both times we've had them out (install and adding services). We had Bright House and we're not happy and had terrible customer service. As in anything, just make sure you read everything to make sure you are getting the deal you expect. Good luck!

I had major billing issues w/ Brighthouse- they were a nightmare and my issues were never completely resolved. I cancelled and went to Verizon and we love our television and internet quality- I can really tell the difference. My husband works from home often so I would really recommend their internet over Brighthouse any day. I've had Fios for a year and have had no problems. I think all providers have issues, to be honest with you. I wish the paper would write something on Brighthouse next, like I said, it wasn't worth it to me anymore to argue with them so I just cancelled and let them keep my money.

1 / 3