VBAC After C-sections (3) - Miami,FL

Has anyone had a VBAC after 2 or more c-sections? What was your experience. This may be an option for me this time, but I'm still reading into it and thinking about it. Can you share with me please if you think it was worth it or not? Thanks.

I have three friends who all had very successful VBACs after their first children were born. Two of them even gave birth at home -and one of those babies was REALLY big! However, since you've had 3 c-sections, I would really study why you've had them. Were the last two simply because you had one the first time, so the doctor automatically scheduled them, or was there a medical/physical reason for them? That would be my decision maker right there.

I had one and one. Successful VBAC, but after 3 C-sections you have to ask a couple of questions: why did you have three c-sections? If there is a reason why each time you may be a more high risk pregnancy and shouldn't risk it. Have a long frank chat with your doctor, do your research, learn the odds. Good luck.

I had 3 safe, healthy VBACs after 1 C-section, and I know that I vastly preferred the 'normal' birth experiences to the C-section. They were calmer, and I was able to spend lovely quiet time with the baby right away pretty much, awake and aware, and with much less pain and tenderness. With the last pregnancy, I developed gestational diabetes, and was still able to deliver naturally.

My advice, if you want to try it this time, is to find a nurse midwife connected to a supportive group of physicians. And read Henci Goer's book "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth". Be very clear and unemotional as you look at the medical indications - there can be cases where a VBAC genuinely isn't safe, but if your previous incisions have healed well, your health is good, and your little one is cooperative, I don't see why it should be considered.

Best wishes for a joyful pregnancy and delivery.

http://vbacfacts.com/quick-facts/ - since there is a lot of misinformation out there distributed by friends and OBs alike. To date, I have not read any sound research that shows an increased risk due to the # of c-sections and a VBAC.

Many OBs will tell you that they will "allow" you to try to VBAC, but really have no intention of doing so. Go online and find reviews and talk to people.

Watch this - it's SO inspiring!

http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/view_shared?p=2a4e81...

I had an emergency c-section in 2005. I had my last baby in 2007 and opted for a c-section. The thought of a VBAC scared me, even though my doctor assured me it was fine and she could handle any complications if they arose. However, once I chose a c-section for my last one, she told me if I had anymore I'd have to do them c-sections. This was 5 years ago so things may have changed.

Plenty of people do VBACS successfully, I just didn't like that small chance of the incision ripping and causing problems for me or the baby.

Good luck! You'll make the right decision for you!

My SIL had three successful VBAC's after one emergency c-section. She is the only one that I know of, and she didn't have any adverse consequences.

We're attempting VBAC this time. According to my OBGYN, if you have had c-sections because of what they call "Failed trials of labor" then they would discourage attempting VBAC. If the reason for the sections had nothing to do with whether or not you "could" deliver, then they will allow you to attempt labor.

E. - C. from Ft. Lauderdale again. I am the chapter leader for the ICAN of South Florida chapter. Would be happy to help! Message me directly. Our next meeting is 4/24.

1 / 3