Valentine Treats for 1-2 Year Olds?

Hi! My 18 month old attends a Mother's Day Out program two days a week. I would like to give the other students in her class a treat on Valentine's Day, and would rather not give candy/food due to allergies, etc. I've looked at various dollar stores around the area, but most of the items have small pieces (choking hazards). Any suggestions? Any suggestions on good stores to try? Thanks!

I checked out the family fun website and got several cute ideas. Thanks for your input.

stickers are cheap and easy

If you think that the kids would not eat it, I would suggest play doh, either home made, or I jsut saw some small containers in a big bag with the valentines stuff at Target. Or what about cute pencils or crayons...maybe you could buy/make them a coloring book. Hope you have a great time, but dont stress about over doing it! ~A.~

Check out the most recent Family Fun Magazine. There are some really great ideas in there for Valentine's. My favorite.. we are melting crayons in a heart shaped muffin pan. Once they cool, they are simply heart shaped crayons. We're going to tape them to homemade cards that say "you color my world" or something to that effect. Good luck!

Hi D.,

I'm in the same boat - I have a soon to be 2 year old in a MDO and this will be his first V-Day party so I'm excited, but wondering what I can do that will be cool and age appropriate.

I was planning on having him make some cute handmade valentines. The family fun ones at this site are cute:
http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/season/specialfea...

I also thought of maybe making some sugar cookies. Or, maybe a little valentine board book (like a $1 from walmart or other cheap store).

If you come up with any cute ideas, let us know! Have fun!!

If you have a heart-shaped cookie cutter, you could make any heart-shaped snack, like cheese slices and lunch meat.

1 / 3