Valentine's Day party-Kindergarten

Does anyone have any suggestions for activites or crafts for a Kindergarten classroom Valentine's day party. I think the party is only 30-45 min.

Thanks

How about hand hearts... you either paint the childs hands and let them stamp them on paper in the shape of a heart or trace and cut out their hands and paste them on a paper in the shape of a heart and use glitter, crayons, markers, ribbon, stickers whatever to decorate them or put a photo of them in the middle or have them list why they love the recipient.. enjoy!

Check out http://www.orientaltrading.com/. Just go to the kid's craft kit section. They have tons of craft kits you can purchase in bulk. If the kids can't complete them in class they'll be something fun to take home.

You are early enough to order form Oriental trading company. It has a lot of quick and easy crafts

When I taught kindergarten, i loved it when the room parents decorated cookies with the kids. they had the heat shaped sugar cookies pre-made, and then the kids got to pick what frosting and sprinkles they wanted. I think they were at this station for 15 minutes and a craft station for the other 15. good luck!

What about a craft/game? Instead of pin the tail on the donkey, pick a Valentine item. In poster board, draw a cupid, heart, or mail box. In card stock or contruction paper, draw/print arrows, or letters. Let the kids decorate/color the pictures and cut them out. Then play the game.
You might even read a story and color a picture about the story. Since they are in Kindergarten, have them either write and illustrate a story or just illustrate a story about Valentine's Day.

I have been thinking about my daughter's party. She is 6 and is in Kindergarten. The party is 45 minutes long. The other room moms and I usually get together and discuss party details. But we all bring suggestions to the table.

I remember seeing cute little mailboxes at Target in the dollar section. I would love to get one for each child and have them decorate/alter them in some way. Either with paper, foam stickers or something.

The PTO gave us money for the parties and so far we still have like $50 left. So spending the $20 on the boxes wouldn't be a huge deal.

I think we will have to alert the teacher about this craft so that she does not make something to hold the valentines.

We shall see.

Also, for craft suggestions we have had a TON of luck using familyfun.com

I hope this helps.

B. :)

Does your school do Hundred's Day? For kindergarten, the kids had a combination hundreds/valentine party. There were stations (so you have to have several parents) and the kids did a craft or activity at each station. I remember one was that they counted out 10 each of 10 candies, raisins, pretzels, etc., onto a grid on a piece of paper with 10 squares marked. Then they slid the 100 pieces into a ziploc bag as "trail mix" that they put in their goody bags.

I'm also a big fan of foam and other easy crafts. Familyfun.com is usually a good source for ideas, too.

As a Kindergarten teacher, I know how little time you actually have at the party! We usually try to do three to four stations. At one they make a craft, one they ecorate a cookie or cupcake, one is a story being read and the third one is usually a coloring page station. A simple but cute craft is to buy a package of red pencils, a package of red or pink pipe cleaners and a package of red,pink and white foam hearts. You have the kids twist the pipe clearner around their pencil. Move it to the top and glue (an adult using a hot glue gun) so that it kind of springs off the end of the pencil. Then glue the heart to the top of the pipe cleaner. They have a pencil topper. Just some ideas. Enjoy the party... that's what counts the most! Another good game to play is pass the heart (stuffed heart). It is played like hot potatoe with music and all!

1 / 3