Vacation Ideas with a 20-Month Old

My husband and I want to go away with our son in June. He will be about 20 months by then. Looking for ideas on places to go that he would enjoy. We're in Brooklyn and we're looking for some place in 2-3 hour driving distance. Thinking maybe Sesame Place. Anyone been there? Or offer any other ideas?

HERSHEY PARK!!! we took our son when he was 25 months and the baby was 5 months and it was awesome; go when it's HOT tho, july or aug, as the water park area is the best thing by far. you could stay at the Comfort Inn in Hummelsville or something; you can find it on the web; they have big rooms and an indoor pool. very awesome. I too heard that Sesame Place was awesome and we are definitely going there this summer; we heard that it was actually better for toddlers than Hershey but we were happy at Hershey as well.

good luck!

hershey park is terific.

Sesame place is great!!! We brought our daughter there when she was 2 1/2. And it was perfect. The trick is to book breakfast with one of the characters (it was Elmo and Cookie Monster when we were there) that way you are in the park before it even opens. So you have breakfast and then go on all the rides before the lines start forming. The hotel we were at ohad a sutlle bus that way to and from the park with was perfect. And the ride to actually get there is so quick and easy!!!

Highly recommend it!

Try Dutch Wonderland in New Jersey. Its more geared for younger children. Its about an hour and a half from you. Here's the link:

http://www.dutchwonderland.com/index.asp

Have fun!

OK - back up - he is not even two. He is your only child that would go with you: go somewhere YOU enjoy. little ones (I have one who is almost 3) love everywhere and anywhere, nature especially. Go somewhere NORMAL. If you go to sesame place you will be one of those couples stressed out because you are there, and he will eb overwhelmed by the big kids running all aournd and over him. How much better would it be to go somewhere you would enjoy too - then he will enjoy it because he is modelling off of you.

Sesame Place is great for his age. My kids loved it! Have fun and make sure to use allot of that waterproof/sweatproof sunblock, especially if your sone likes to be outside there are lots of pools for swimming.

Sesame Place was great and definately take the suggestion to go with the suttle bus. We didn't, cuz I thought it would be best to come and go as we wanted, and have the car to keep extra stuff in "..just in case" and it was LONG walk thru the parking lot. Too long for my mom, and too long that if you wanted to get something from your car, you wudn't even bother.
Also, look into the family resorts in upstate NY. I went to the The Pine Ridge Ranch Resort, Ellenville NY (near the Neverle),and even tho we were not into horses, they have a ton of activities and we met so many other nice families. We also went to the Villa Roma, Monticello NY (but that was before they had a fire, I don't know if it's the same now since they renovated). The Rocking Horse Ranch in New Paltz.
Have fun!

Hi, i am a mother of a 2 1/2 yr old boy and we took our son last year to sesame place and we ALL loved it. Our son had so much fun we went around 4 times last year and now have season pass for 2008. I can't wait to take him back.

1 / 3