Upset Stomache During Pregnancy

i just found out i am pregnant with my 2 child i have this upset stomache with nausea during 2 weeks every day all day is this normal ?
any advice what can i do to make it more easy?
i am about 2 months

i try the saltines but no really helped the only thng that seems help is pear an toast bread and hard candy

thank you for your responses

oh yes. Morning sickness can really be all day sickness. I don't know who named it only 'morning sickness'. It should get better as the months progress. At week 17 I finally cleared from the constant nausea. Good luck to you. If it gets really bad the dr. can give you some medication. Just think- it will only last a short time in the whole scheme of things.

Something you can try before you take any kind of medication is peppermints. I had nausea with my second child and I just kept peppermints around and that alway made my stomach feel better. It sounds silly but really does work. Just an idea, hope it helps.

My doctor gave me Phenergan and the only side effect is it makes most people sleepy. I just happen to have the kind of job that you can't just run to the toilet every time you feel like you're going to puke, so I asked for something from the very beginning.
I am now five months and haven't been nauseated for over five weeks, so I'm no longer taking it.

I suffered with Hyperemesis gravidarum...morning sickness gone BAD!!!

Here is the website for those who suffer with it and ways to help.

http://www.hyperemesis.org/

With me I was on a lot of medications to help with with it.

Here are some things that helped me some:

* Eat small meals
* Dont eat anything that will hurt coming back up.
* Stay away from lettuce and steak...lettuce takes a long time to digest and will come right back up. Steak will be heavy and come back up.
* Stay away from acidic foods and drinks (Orange juice, red sauces)
* BRAT Diet (Banana, Rice, Apple sauce and Dry Toast)
* Chew gum or suck on a lolly pop, pepperment
* I hear sucking on a lemmon helps
* I hear ginger also helps.
* Stay away from strong smells
* Stay away from fast movement (motions sickness)
* Drink sprite/7 Up
* Saltine crackers

I hope I helped.

eat saltine crackers.

I really feel for you. With my first pregnancy, I was sick all day every day and it seemed to last forever. Here are all the things I tried and maybe one or some will work for you: Sea Bands (cloth bands you wear on your wrists where your pressure points are), ginger (ginger ale, plain ginger, anything), saltines (eating anything before my feet hit the floor in the mornings), sodas, not letting myself get hungry - eating every couple of hours, Emetrol (nausea medicine my nurse recommended)...In the end, my doctor had to prescribe medicine for me to take daily which was the cure for me. It made me sleepy, but I gladly took that over throwing up all day every day. I hope your upset stomach subsides quickly. Believe it or not, it won't last forever although it feels like it will.

I feel so sorry for you! My mom said when she was pregnant with my brother and I the only thing that got her through it was phenergan and now they don't give it out anymore. I'm nauseated alot just from reflux and meds and so I try, peppermints, peppermint tea, ginger like what you'd put in a cake, just put some on your finger, it does work. They also have ginger tea, try zantac if you can, sucking on ice, crackers, toast. YOu're definitely not alone!

perfectly normal unfortunately. just be glad you're not puking all day every day :) if you begin vomiting, your dr will probably put you on zofran or phenergan, but it's probably just one of those things that you'll have to wait for it to pass. try gatorade, ginger ale, or whatever it is that works for you. good luck!

The only thing I can suggest is to nibble a few saltines and sip a carbonated non-caffeine drink before getting out of bed in the mornings....until the period of morning sickness passes. This is not at all unusual. I think it's caused by the hormonal changes. Some people are more sensitive to it than others. It's different with every pregnancy. Some just have it in the mornings, some have it in the evenings and some have it all day long. The baking soda in the crackers is soothing to the stomach for some people. Get as much rest as possible. Eat several small snacks through the day instead of big meals.

My babies are 36 and 39 years old now; so there may be more sophisticated ways to deal with this now....but it worked for me and others I've known over the years. Talk to your ob/gyn on your next visit.

1 / 3