Unusual Rash on My 2 Year Old

Two days ago my son woke up with a few small red patches on his back. Later that day we noticed when he took off his shirt that it had spread all over his stomach and back ond the small red bumps had bacome one large red patch. It has now moved to all over him and seems to be changing and moving right before my eyes. We have been to two ER's and seen his pediatrician twice. We are now waiting on blood work results. Everyone who has seen it say they have never seen anything like it before. He started running a fever the evening of the first day- we are on day 3 now- and I have yet to break it. Tried all sorts of med's prescribed to him including the Epi-pin, Atovax, and steroids, given with the motrin, tylenol, benadryl......Does anyone have any information? Maybe something similar? Really starting to worry now. There are no changes in his diet or invironment. It itches sometimes and last night we took another trip to the ER because he was swelling in the face,hands, and feet. It is changing in appearance and moving to various places. Please help

Well first I want to thank all of you for responding. I really do appreciate you guys taking the time to tell me your stories and thoughts. We got the results of his CBC late yesterday and his Dr says that although he can't say for sure what it is he put it in the scarlet fever/fifth disease catagory. His fever has come down and now he has a nasty cough and runny nose and the rash is still present but he seems to be feeling better after starting the antibiotics last night...we will continue to pray and thank you for yours. Says he should be better in 5 to 7 days. Thanks again

It is not prevelent in 2 yr olds but has anyone thought of shingles? Possibly a bite from an insect? Wish I had more ideas GOOD LUCK!

Got an aloe vera plant? Rip it open and apply to the rash. It dries quickly and works tremendously on any bacterial or viral infections.

I would try a dermatologist. I had similiar symptoms before and went to several doctors, none of which knew what was wrong. I ended up seeing a dermatologist who diagnosed me right away and prescribed steroids. It's worth a shot. Good luck.

Please update us on what happens. Praying everything goes well.

Tea Tree Oil and pure aloe vera is a good treatment for rashes, I don't know what his diet is but I'd put him on a light cleansing diet for the time being and avoid the OTC medicines which could be causing liver toxicity and contributing to the problems (when the liver is weak or overwhelmed the body starts releasing toxins through the skin). Make sure he's getting plenty of fluids and electrolytes and no refined sugars or artifical sweeteners. Hope he recovers soon.

My daughter had an allergic reaction to Sulfa drugs that manifested in a rash similar to what you are describing. It eventually went away, but they put her on Predinisone to make sure her throat didn't close up. I gave her oatmeal baths, benadryl, prescription benadryl, and the prednisone. She had it for about 4 days before it was completely gone.

Rashes can be caused by lack of essential fatty acids- I think the best is Standard process Cataplex F.
Next contact Dr. Bruce West- he is brilliant- Health Alert is his newsltr- and I think you can get thro to him asap= google and go from there.
Also you can contact the International Chiropractic Pediatric Assn and get a referral from them for someone who can test his for a natural solution,
The drugs can effect long term the liver- so careful there
best,k

Could it be hand, foot and mouth disease? My daughter had that once and it is a rash over the trunk of her body and the hand, feet and mouth tend to swell a bit. As an adult I also had it and my feet were in pain, but children tend to not notice that part. Just a thought.

that really sounds like a reaction to something, actually going to guess a spider bite (or some type of insect) if it is venomous then that may be why it is not responding to the typical meds. I'm not trying to freak you out, but I used to work outside a lot and some of the people I worked with were bitten by brown recluse spiders. They actually swelled up as well. Another friend of mine was bitten in the breast and it swelled so much she had to have surgery. Anyway, I'd have them check out that possibility. Spiders especially have a habit of crawling into beds. It's a weird thing, but true. Usually though with treatment people are just fine! I'm not telling you all this to panic you, but they should consider this as a possibility. Good luck!

My Children have also developed such rashes. We went through many Doctor's, and medicines with no results finally I bought some dead sea salt.Bath them in it. Soak them.1 cap full.Their skin is so clear now. It cured all their skin issue ailments.Best of luck...

1 / 3