Unique Puppy Names

Hi Ladies! Today we are getting a puppy, he's half pitbull half boarder collie. I'm hoping to come up with a somewhat unique name but I don't want it to be hard for him to understand. What are some unique names you all have used or liked? TIA!

LOL SARAH K. I was just thinking, what I am I getting myself into this thing is going to be a P-I-T-A! :)

We decided to go with the name Oden, thanks everyone for your responses!

We have a gordon setter puppy..her real name is Pandora's the Devil Made Me Do It.. I thought we would call her Pan or Panny but my son called her Chloe and it has stuck lol... I often call her pita or damn dog but I do love her!

We had two puppies for a little while and they were Max and Yogi.

My parents have two dogs, Lucy and Emmy. They also used to have Ella, Chance, and I can't remember the other one.

My sister's dog is named Cocoa.

My brother's dog is named Panzer.

My other sister's dogs are Peaches, Louie, and Bailey.

My other brother has Evelyn (Eve) and Sampson (Sammy).

My parents cat is called Buster, but we call him Busta Rhymes (after the rapper) because he has more attitude than anything I've known before :).

When naming my last dog, I suggested the name Brock to my then 3 year old son. His response was, "No, his name is Broccoli!" So we ended up with Brock Ollie!

We've had the following growing up:

Icky (a very ugly dog)
Barfy (related to Icky, of course)
Pounder (came from the pound)
Mooch (a stray)
Dinky (a very small dog)
Micro Pup (because he was)
Brown (you guessed it. He was brown.)
Damnit (was great calling him in public!)

Maybe not what you were looking for!?!?! LOL. I couldn't resist. That's what you get with growing up with hippy parents. Good thing we all had NORMAL names....well, mostly. Dad did want to name one of my brothers Homer.

peeta (more like pita because all puppies are a pain in the @$$) and of course there is peeta from the hunger games and it wont look bad when you write that name at the vets instead of pita.

Try to think of something odd, Like I used to love watching Doug when I was little, so I wanted to name our dog Pork Chop, but hubby said no.
Have the kids pick out something, my kids can come up with some weird stuff, so be carefull, we named our rabbit Julian, from Olivia, and our fish are Mermaid and Beauty, the first one was Dora, so you can sense the theme in our house. But our dogs name is Angel.. I know, so unique, darn him...
If its a boy, I also like the name Fred, its just so normal, but so not common.
girl, Queenie

Akira : Intelligent
Yuki : Courage

I love the name General for a dog.

Our first was an English Cocker Spaniel.. Margaret Bielieu (Maggie) Bielieu was after a great wine we had. We are wine collectors.

#2 American Cocker Franklin Bordeaux (Frankie) wine again

#3 American Cocker - daughter named him.. Fluff de la Fluff. We call him Fluff Puff, etc

#4 English Cocker with beautiful black color. Daughter named her Coco.

#5 Toy Poodle Apricot. Daughter named him Giovanni Rose and we call him G

#3-5 are still with us.. Today Fluff is 13 yrs old and not doing well. Coco is 7 and G is 6. The other 2 Cockers lived until 14.

Enjoy! I love our pets and they are so rewarding.

we have CoCoa (a cafe-au-lait labradoodle). We named him based on his chocolate brown color, which lightened at 18 months. Oh, well. :)

we also have ChockO. He came with his name & refused to respond to anything else. Way too similar to CoCoa, but we're surviving. Since he's an Old English Sheepdog mix, which is his predominant coat....we also like to call him Charcoal. It fits.

I love the name General as someone else posted.
My cousin named her German Shepherd....Bud Von Weiser. :)
My sister's mini dox is called Beemer. She also had a Great Dane called Lurch....& that name sooo fitted his clumsy body!

With the mix of breeds in your pup, he will be very tenacious & protective. He will be dead-on in his manuevers. What about a name honoring those traits? Radar, Zoomer, & Speedy come to mind. Radar is pulling my chain! But I have to admit PITA will probably suit him better!

My girls met a puppy at the health food store yesterday. She is a beautiful 6mo old golden retriever. I love her name. Ember. Fit perfectly.

ETA: I forgot our last puppy was named Prowler! It took a while to find the right name, but it fit perfectly. (we gave him away as I was pregnant and very high risk with twins and other probs. He is now trained for search and rescue and a beautiful dog- they kept his name! He is a Choc. Lab.)
Had a cat named Arabi, one named Rat Rat, Grey, Mystic, Zeus (the girls call him Doot Doot, Noodles, Darwin (was really baby talk for darling), Boo Boo, Budcat and a Rotti named Whiskey Bear.
I knew someone who named all their cats, all their life, things with 'corn' in it. They had Candy(corn), Pop(corn), Ear of, Creamed,etc

1 / 3