Underarm Odor in a 4 Year Old Boy

My 4 year old son has had bad underarm odor for over a year now...since he was 3. When he runs around a lot, he smells like a grown man's locker room.
Any suggestions?

My son had body odor as well. After reseaching it, I decided to switch him to the hormone free milk. It's milk from cows that have not been given the growth hormones. You can buy it in most stores. I know Jewel and Woodmans both carry them. At Jewel, it comes in a glass jug from Oberweiss Dairy and at Woodman's (it's cheaper) From Swiss Valley. It says Purely Fresh on the label. It has helped alot. His teachers noticed a difference too.
I checked with my son's doctor and he said that both types of milk are fine.

We know some other people who have had this problem, and switching to hormone-free milk helped a lot. Actually, it was pretty scary -- who would think that the milk we are pumping into our kids at every meal could be causing this? Good luck.

My son who is now six also has this problem. Also noticed it after he had been doing alot of physical activity. He has been wearing deoderant since he was four. I spoke with his pediatrician about it and she said as long as there are no other signs of endocrine problems then there is really nothing to worry about and that putting deoderant on was fine.

Deodorant? Seriously, I'd be curious to here what others have to say.

http://www.drspock.com/faq/0,1511,3066,00.html

Check this out. I had never heard of this before, but apparently it's not that uncommon. If you Google underarm odor in preschooler, a bunch of hits come up.

1 / 3