Unclog Steam Mop . . . Googled Already!!

Anyone had success unclogging a Shark Steam Mop? Mine is the older one--not the pocket flip one. I have always used tap water. Steam does not come out at all. Ya think I can just put vinegar in the reservoir, let it sit, and plug it in and let it run? eHow said not to run it with vinegar.

Suggestions??

Never use tap water it is ruined. Tap water has minerals in it and you are basically removing the water leaving a build up of minerals until it is clogged. I took the whole thing apart, sans the tubing because you just can't get into that and soaked everything in vinegar. Still didn't work, considered it a lesson learned, threw it away and bought a new one.

I ruined 2 because I used RO tap water that went through two filtration systems. I had to buy distilled water.

I tried vinegar, but that voided the warranty

I had that happen, the steam built up and blew the mop head across my kitchen floor. Scared the bageezes out of me. I called the company and they said "sometimes that happens" and to never ever use tap water. I was pretty ticked off because I only used it three or for times. They did send me a brand new one to replace it and I only use distilled water now. So far no problems.

Call the company and they may make amends, unless the directions say not to use tap water.

Ditto what go said only mine was a bissel :(

1 / 3