Umbrella Stroller with Longer or Adjustable Handles? Suggestions?

I've been looking for an umbrella stroller or similar small toss-in-the-vehicle-and-go stroller. Every one I've tried is too short for my husband and I. (I'm 5'9" and my hubby is 6'1".) I know there are ones out there that have adjustable handles and maybe some that are just designed for parents on the taller side, but I haven't found them. Any suggestions? I'd rather not spend a fortune, but I'm tired of kicking the tires!

When my children were in umbrella strollers (they are 16, 16 and 12 now) we were able to buy extension handles for an umbrella stroller. Howfully they still have them. Can't remember where we got them but they were great because my husband is almost 6 ft. tall.

I found a stroller that is similar to a umbrella stroller at Toys R Us, that is Jeep branded. It was only $10 more expensive than an umbrella stroller, but it was so much more comfortable for me to push. It's just that little bit taller than a regular umbrella stroller that was needed. I'm 5'8" myself and always hated having to hunch over to push a regular umbrella stroller.

Hello...

I am 5'8" and my husband is 6'3". The best unbrella stroller we have found is the Maclearen (spelling?) VOLO. It is not cheap, around $100, but it is lightweight, sturdy, and has long handles. It is easy for both of us to push around. It has a small basket and is made of aluminum. Very durable, we fly with it often and gate check it. It is easy to fold/ unfold. Well worth the money! We got ours at Target. We have gone through SEVERAL strollers to find a good one that works for us. Hope this helps.

Have you seen this stroller at Babies R Us? I really liked it, but got a Peg Perego used from someone for our now 11 month old.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2903308

They usually have coupons that could save you money!!!

I use a Combi and I love it. It acts like an umbrella stroller but with some of the amenities of a bigger one. It's around $100.

I have an Instep umbrella stroller. It has adjustable handles and works great (6' 3" husband like it). I got it used but the lady I got it from said they paid $70 for it

I bought a Combi stroller at Babies R Us. They have pretty long handles - my husband is 6'1" also and it has worked well for us.

Hi J.-

I used to use a Maclaren single and then a double. They are wonderful. In fact, I just sold the double to another mom at my kids' school as they are now too old to use a stroller. The Maclarens are somewhat pricey, but they drive so nicely and do have adjustable handles. (My 6'4" hubby used them just fine.) I had the Techno XT single and loved it. Good luck in your quest for a great stroller.

-L.

1 / 3