Umbrella Stroller Recommendations

We are going on a family vacation in a couple of weeks and I am looking for an umbrella stroller to take with us. I have the GracoLite travel system but the stroller is too bulky to pack. Any suggestions on which one to buy? I want one with a canopy that can tilt to block the sun, not one with the canopy attached?! Any recommendations would be great. Thanks

Thank you for all your suggestions. I bought the MacClaren Volo and love it. It is so light and easy to use. Thanks again.

I love my Mclaren stroller, it is not the cheapest one on the market, but it folds up very small and is light, and it has made it through one child and I now use it for my 11month old. I can't say enough good things about it. Hope this helps.

I have LOVED my McLauren as well. We had it with my first when we lived in Europe (read LOTS of walking on cobbblestone and rough terrain). It did great with #2 and is ready to be used with the third. Not many umbrella strollers would hold up in such great condidtion.

Our McLaren has been thru 2 boys and has been the single greatest purchase we made...and we got it on sale at Babies R Us! This is definitely the way to go.

Without a doubt you want the MacLaren Volo. The canopy gives plenty of coverage, but it attached, however I have been using this stroller for over a year and a half and it's EXCEPTIONAL! It folds and unfolds with such ease; takes up very little space; is a great height for pushing -very comfy, has a decent storage bin and the seat is breathable for your child. It has been on 8 flights and more day trips and road trips than I can count. It performs very well on a variety of terrain. I really cannot recommend this stroller highly enough -I ditched my Graco travel system after our first trip with it, and have used it almost exclusively except for exercise. It's still in great condition!

Try babies r us, they have a million of them. Here is a cheap one if you dont want to spend too much:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2785204

Most of them are about $15-20 without the shade.

I have one similar that cost more, but the shade doesnt work very well so I took it completely off...

It is in the back of my SUV at ALL TIMES. Hope this helps.

Hi A.

I just came off of vacation and I found one at Walmart that was perfect and worked just fine for me. Unfortunely I brought it once I arrived to my vacation destination but I am sure Walmart here will have it. Good Luck

I second the Volo! It s awesome for airports! I love that it has a strap if you have to carry it on your shoulder while carrying your child. It also is taller than most so you aren't hunched over pushing it.
Don't waste your money on a cheap one. You will use it a lot once you have it. It's especially nice for quick trips where you don't want to deal with the cluncky big stroller.

1 / 3