Twins Still Sleep Together

my 15 month old twin girls still sleep in the same crib, we have tried to seperate them and they scream through the night. I am 5 months pregnant and want them in toddler beds when the new baby comes. I was looking for any ideas on how to seperate them and get them in their own beds.

Why seperate them? One bed is cheaper than two, get a double and let them seperate when they want to. Twins tend to be closer than regular sisters and I shared a bed with my sister till pre-teen years when we switched to twin beds.

Well if you cant get them seperate in toddler beds maybe try buying a full bed and letting them sleep together there. I dont see anything wrong with them sleeping together as long as them and you are getting a good nights sleep. That way the crib is free for the new baby. My son never took to a toddler bed so at 2 he was in a full bed and it worked wonders. good luck hun

great suggestions, will keep this in mind for when the time comes for us to move them to a bed

my 7month boy/girl babies sleep in the same crib, we have another one just in case

never had them wake each other up yet, they sleep through each other's cries and coos and even kicks

I hope they want to keep sleeping together, I think it helped them sleep through the night

I don't have twins but I watch alot of discovery chanel with the twins and I find it very interesting. twins don't like to be apart. they need eachother's closeness. I'd think about maybe putting them in the same toddler bed for now. I know that will work because my kids are 3.5 and 2 and they still fit in a toddler bed together. I don't think that seperating them this early is good for them becuase they have been together from day one and they are too young to understand what's going on.

Hi C.

I have 3 year old twin boys and they still sleep in the same bed. We took them out of the crib just before they turned a year old. They have been sleeping in a twin sez bed ever since. One sleeps at one end and the other at the other end. We put boards up between the mattress and the bed from to keep them from falling out. you could try something like that. Our put their toddler beds together for a while till they are use to being in their own beds.
R., stay at home momma to twins 3 year old boys

Wow, that is great that they sleep well together! Just skip the toddler beds and buy a double bed for them to share!!! Put railings up on both sides to keep them from rolling out and don't worry too much. If they ever want to sleep apart (maybe in a few years) think about buying 2 single twin beds then.

Many babaies and toddlers like the comfort of sleeping next to mom and dad, so I'd guess this is somewhat normal. They were together in the womb and have always been together. It will be hard to separate them, so don't do it if you don't have to!

Hi Chelsie,
I would not worry or try to seperate those twins. They know when they are ready to seperate.
My twin 4yr olds still have sleep overs in each others rooms at least once a week.
Just start thinking about toddler beds, than when they are ready for those, they can seperate themselves as they would have the ability to chose than.

I know what you are going through I separated my twins from birth they had there own cribs and eventually beds we made an extra room in the basement for one of the twins. Not that long ago, but they can't seem to separate so now they sleep in a double bed in one room I get so irritated but they seem to be getting enough sleep. I have tried everything from seperate beds to separate rooms nothing seems to help. From what I have heard and seen twins have a connection that no one understands hopefully mine will grow out of it soon. I wish you the very best. If you find out anything let me know.

1 / 3